ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 145




                                               

Carrick (Pittsburgh)

Carrick is a south neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States. It is served by two zip codes, 15210 and 15227, and has representation on Pittsburgh City Council by the council member for District 4 with a part in District 3. Lo ...

                                               

Jacksonville, Pennsylvania

Jacksonville is a census-designated place in Indiana County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 637 at the 2010 census. It was formerly an independent borough, until January 1, 1993 when it was returned to Black Lick Township, Pennsy ...

                                               

Knoxville (Pittsburgh)

Knoxville is a neighborhood in southern Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is part of zip code 15210, and has representation on Pittsburgh City Council by the council member for District 3.

                                               

Lausanne Landing, Pennsylvania

Historic Lausanne, also often called Lausanne Landing of the 1790s–1820s was a small settlement at the mouth of Nesquehoning Creek on the Lehigh River in marshy delta-like flood plain. Some historic references will instead mention the Landing Tav ...

                                               

Livermore, Pennsylvania

Livermore, Pennsylvania is an abandoned town that was located on the Conemaugh River between Blairsville and Saltsburg in Derry Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. The town was abandoned and partially razed in the early 1950s following a ...

                                               

Manor of Gilberts

The Manor of Gilberts was one of the areas of land that William Penn set aside for himself as the Proprietor of the Province of Pennsylvania. The Manor was located on the along the left bank of the Schuylkill River, extending above and below the ...

                                               

Port Perry, Pennsylvania

Port Perry was a town near Braddock, Pennsylvania and by the mouth of Turtle Creek. After the construction of the nearby Edgar Thomson Steel Works in the 1870s, the town was increasingly isolated and crowded out by railroad tracks serving the pla ...

                                               

West Liberty, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania

West Liberty Borough was a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States from 1876 to 1909. West Liberty Borough was incorporated on March 7, 1876 from the western part of Lower St. Clair Township. The borough was a small village along ...

                                               

Granby, South Carolina

Granby was the first European settlement in the area of present-day Columbia in the U.S. state of South Carolina. Settlement began around 1718 with the establishment of a trading post by the British on the Congaree River. Many small farms were se ...

                                               

Savannah Town, South Carolina

Savannah Town, South Carolina is a defunct settlement that was located in the colonial years on the Savannah River below the Fall Line in present-day Aiken County. In the 1670s the Westo had a village here, but they were displaced by the Savannah ...

                                               

Denmark, Tennessee

Denmark is an unincorporated community and former city in Madison County, Tennessee, United States roughly 14 miles southwest of Jackson. The zip code is 38391. It is the site of Denmark Presbyterian Church.

                                               

Fort Sanders, Knoxville

Fort Sanders is a neighborhood in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, located west of the downtown area and immediately north of the main campus of the University of Tennessee. Developed in the late 19th century as a residential area for Knoxvilles growin ...

                                               

Lenox, Memphis

Lenox is a neighborhood in Memphis, Tennessee. It is bounded by Central Avenue in the south, Union Avenue in the north, Cooper Street in the west and East Parkway South in the east. Until 1909, when it was annexed to the city of Memphis, Lenox wa ...

                                               

New Providence, Tennessee

New Providence was a small railroad town in Montgomery County, Tennessee. It was a mostly working-class city until about the mid-20th century, when it was annexed by the nearby city of Clarksville.

                                               

Old Hickory, Tennessee

Old Hickory is a neighborhood of metropolitan Nashville named in honor of President Andrew Jackson who was nicknamed "Old Hickory." This area is located in the Hadley bend East Davidson County. The area is probably best known as the former city a ...

                                               

Old North Knoxville

Old North Knoxville is a neighborhood in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States, located just north of the citys downtown area. Initially established as the town of North Knoxville in 1889, the area was a prominent suburb for Knoxvilles upper middle ...

                                               

Parkridge, Knoxville

Parkridge is a neighborhood in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States, located off Magnolia Avenue east of the citys downtown area. Developed as a streetcar suburb for Knoxvilles professional class in the 1890s, the neighborhood was incorporated as ...

                                               

Rheatown, Tennessee

Rheatown was said to be one the oldest communities in Greene County, its first settlers having arrived in the early 1780s. It was located along the old stage road between Jonesborough and Greeneville one of the main roads passing through the comm ...

                                               

Walnut Grove, Sumner County, Tennessee

Walnut Grove is a census-designated place in Sumner County, Tennessee, United States. Its population was 864 as of the 2010 census. The community incorporated as a town in 1998. It disincorporated on July 1, 2001, after the law under which it had ...

                                               

Renner, Dallas

Renner is a section of Dallas, Texas, within southwestern Collin County and southeastern Denton County, that was once a distinct rural community of about 10 square miles and housed the center of a nonprofit agricultural research organization. Ren ...

                                               

Glastenbury, Vermont

Glastenbury is a town in Bennington County, Vermont, United States. The town was unincorporated by an act of the state legislature in 1937, and is now essentially a ghost town. The population was eight at the 2010 census. Along with Somerset, Gla ...

                                               

Somerset, Vermont

Somerset is an unincorporated township and former town in Windham County, Vermont, United States. As of the 2010 census, it had a total population of 3, which was reported to have dropped to two in 2011. Somerset is one of five unincorporated tow ...

                                               

Berkley, Virginia

Berkley was an incorporated town in Norfolk County, Virginia. Chartered by an Act of Assembly in 1890, the Town of Berkley was located directly across the Eastern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Norfolk in the South Hampton Roads area.

                                               

Cambria, Virginia

Cambria is a neighborhood of the town of Christiansburg, Montgomery County, Virginia. Originally, an independent town from Christiansburg, Cambria stretches along Cambria Road, extending north of the Train Depot on Depot Street. It is part of the ...

                                               

Greenbackville, Virginia

Greenbackville is a census-designated place 4.5 miles south of Stockton, Maryland in Accomack County, Virginia, located just south of the Maryland state line. The population as of the 2010 Census was 192. The town was settled in 1867 and was offi ...

                                               

Lovely Mount

Lovely Mount is an extinct unincorporated community in Radford, Virginia. Before 1854, and the arrival of the Virginia and Tennessee Railroad, Lovely Mount had a population of 30, but grew to more than 100 within 2 years. By 1890 the town had gro ...

                                               

Marshall, Virginia

Marshall is a census-designated place and unincorporated town in northwestern Fauquier County, Virginia, in the United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 1.480.

                                               

South Lowell, Virginia

The town, chartered by the Virginia General Assembly in 1790, began as a staging and headquarters area for construction of the canal. At its height the town boasted the Patowmack Canal Company superintendents house, a market, grist mill, sawmill, ...

                                               

North Tazewell, Virginia

North Tazewell is a neighborhood of Tazewell, Virginia, United States. North Tazewell has its own post office with ZIP code 24630. Cavitts Creek Park at Lake Witten is located in North Tazewell.

                                               

Upperville, Virginia

Upperville is a small unincorporated town in Fauquier County, Virginia, United States, along U.S. Route 50 fifty miles from downtown Washington, D.C., near the Loudoun County line. Founded in the 1790s along Pantherskin Creek, it was originally n ...

                                               

Warwick, Virginia

Warwick is an extinct independent city which was located in the State of Virginia in the United States from 1952 until 1958. Formed by a political conversion of the former Warwick County, Virginia, it is now part of the independent city of Newpor ...

                                               

Waterford, Virginia

Waterford is an unincorporated village in the Catoctin Valley of Loudoun County, Virginia, located along Catoctin Creek. Waterford is 47 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., and 7 miles northwest of Leesburg. The entire village and surrounding co ...

                                               

West Clifton Forge, Virginia

West Clifton Forge was an incorporated town located in Alleghany County, Virginia, United States. In 1906 the towns of Clifton Forge and West Clifton Forge merged to form the independent city of Clifton Forge.

                                               

South Elkins, West Virginia

South Elkins is a neighborhood in the city of Elkins, West Virginia, located across the Tygart Valley River from downtown. The town of South Elkins was incorporated in 1899 and consolidated with the city of Elkins in 1901.

                                               

Whitmer, West Virginia

Whitmer is a census-designated place in Randolph County, West Virginia, USA. It is 7.5 miles south-southwest of Harman and is situated on the Dry Fork Cheat River. Whitmer had a post office, which closed on May 21, 2011. As of the 2010 census, it ...

                                               

Basildon Borough Council

Basildon Borough Council is the local authority of the Borough of Basildon in Essex, England. Council elections are held in three out of every four years, with a third of the 42 seats on the Council were elected at each election. Both the conserv ...

                                               

Broxbourne Borough Council

Broxbourne Borough Council is the local authority for the Broxbourne non-metropolitan district of Hertfordshire, England. Broxbourne is located in the south-east of Hertfordshire, in the East of England region. The Council itself is based in Ches ...

                                               

Cambridge City Council

Cambridge was granted a Royal Charter by King John in 1207, which permitted the appointment of a mayor. The first recorded mayor, Harvey FitzEustace, did not serve until 1213. Cambridge was granted its city charter in 1951 in recognition of its h ...

                                               

Cotswold District Council

Cotswold District Council is the local authority for the Cotswold District, which is located in East Gloucestershire in the South West of England. The council is based in Cirencester, the largest settlement in the district, but the district also ...

                                               

Dacorum Borough Council

Dacorum Borough Council is the local authority for the Dacorum non-metropolitan district of England, the United Kingdom. Dacorum is located in the north-west of Hertfordshire, in the East of England region. The Council itself is based in Hemel He ...

                                               

East Hertfordshire District Council

East Hertfordshire District Council is the local authority for the East Hertfordshire non-metropolitan district of England, the United Kingdom. East Hertfordshire covers most of the eastern third of Hertfordshire, in the East of England region. T ...

                                               

Exeter City Council

Exeter City Council is the council and local government of the city of Exeter, Devon. The city Council provides a range of services in the city including housing, refuse collections and recycling, planning, economic development, tourism, recreati ...

                                               

Hertsmere Borough Council

Hertsmere Borough Council is the local authority for the Hertsmere non-metropolitan district of England, the United Kingdom. Hertsmere is located in the south of Hertfordshire, in the East of England region. The Council itself is based in Boreham ...

                                               

High Peak Borough Council

High Peak Borough Council is the local authority for High Peak, a borough of Derbyshire, England. It forms part of the two-tier system of local government for High Peak, alongside Derbyshire County Council. The administrative base of High Peak Bo ...

                                               

Ipswich Borough Council

Ipswich Borough Council is the Borough Council that covers Ipswich in Suffolk. Ipswich city Council is the second level of a two-tier system of Board governors of the Metropolitan district and performs functions such as garbage collection, housin ...

                                               

Maidstone Borough Council

The Local Government Act 1972 created the Borough of Maidstone by merging Maidstone Municipal Borough, Maidstone Rural District and Hollingbourne Rural District. Maidstone Borough Council was established as the local authority for the new borough ...

                                               

North Devon Council

North Devon Council was created on 1 April 1974 to administer the North Devon District in the county of Devon in south west England. The councils main public office is located at Lynton House, Commercial Road, Barnstaple. The name of the council ...

                                               

North Hertfordshire District Council

North Hertfordshire District Council is the local authority for the North Hertfordshire non-metropolitan district of England, the United Kingdom. North Hertfordshire covers the northern part of Hertfordshire, in the East of England region. The Co ...

                                               

Pendle Borough Council

Pendle Borough Council is a district council in England, that has authority covering the borough of Pendle in Lancashire. Council elections are held in three out of every four years, with a third of the 49 seats on the Council were elected at eac ...

                                               

South Cambridgeshire District Council

South Cambridgeshire District Council is the local authority for the district of South Cambridgeshire in Cambridgeshire, England. Based in Cambourne, it forms the lower part of the two tier system of local government in the district, below Cambri ...