ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 150




                                               

Plainview, Texas

Plainview is located at 34°11′28″N 101°43′8″W 34.191204, -101.718806 and is located on the Llano Estacado. According to the system of climate classification Köppen, Plainview sub-Equatorial climate, BSK on climate maps.

                                               

Port Lavaca, Texas

Port Lavaca) is a city in Calhoun County, located in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 12.248 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Calhoun County and part of the Victoria, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. Port Lavaca is 130 ...

                                               

Quanah, Texas

Quanah is a city in and the county seat of Hardeman County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 2.641, down from 3.022 at the 2000 census. Quanah is 192 miles 309 km North-West from Fort worth and 8 miles 13 km South of ...

                                               

Rankin, Texas

Rankin is a city in Upton County, Texas, United States. The population was 778 at the 2010 census. It is named after F.E. Rankin, a local rancher. It is the county seat of the thinly populated county, in 2010, only 3.355 people lived in the entir ...

                                               

Refugio, Texas

Refugio is a town in Refugio County, Texas, United States. The population was 2.890 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Refugio County.

                                               

Richmond, Texas

Richmond is a city in Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. It is the county seat, and is located within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. As of the 2010 U.S. census, the city population was 11.679.

                                               

Robert Lee, Texas

Robert Lee is a city in and the county seat of Coke County, Texas, United States. The population was 1.049 at the 2010 census. The founders named the city after Robert E. Lee, who is believed to have camped near the present national Park on the C ...

                                               

Roby, Texas

In 1885, shortly after Fisher County was organized, a dispute arose between business partners from Mississippi and a town called Fisher. Both wanted their land to host the courthouse. The partners were M.L. and D.C. Roby, and the town of Fisher i ...

                                               

Rockport, Texas

Rockport is a city in Aransas County, Texas, United States. The population was 8.766 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat. Rockport is located near the City of Fulton, and many refer to the combined communities as "Rockport-Fulton"; however, ...

                                               

San Augustine, Texas

The first European settlement in the area began in 1717 with the establishment of Mission Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de los Ais by Spanish Missionaries. The mission was abandoned and reestablished in 1721. It lasted until 1773 and is now prese ...

                                               

San Diego, Texas

San Diego is a city in Duval and Jim Wells counties, Texas, United States. The population was 4.488 at the 2010 census. It is located primarily in Duval County, of which it is the county seat.

                                               

San Saba, Texas

San Saba is a city located in Central Texas and the county seat of San Saba County. It was settled in 1854 and named for its location on the San Saba River. The population was 3.099 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Sanderson, Texas

Sanderson is a census-designated place in and the county seat of Terrell County, Texas, United States. The population was 837 at the 2010 census. Sanderson was created in 1882 as a part of neighboring Pecos County. It became the seat of Terrell C ...

                                               

Seminole, Texas

Seminole is a city in and the county seat of Gaines County in Texas, United States. The population was 6.430 at the 2010 census. It is the birthplace of country music singers Larry Gatlin and Tanya Tucker. Paul Patterson, the Western, author and ...

                                               

Seymour, Texas

Seymour is located on the Brazos River. It is 52 miles 84 km southwest of Wichita Falls and 102 miles 164 km north-northeast of Abilene. Seymour is located near the city of Texas is underlain by Red beds, which are layers of red sedimentary rocks ...

                                               

Sierra Blanca, Texas

Sierra Blanca is a census-designated place in and the county seat of Hudspeth County, Texas, in the United States. The town is part of the Trans-Pecos region of far western Texas. The town is located northeast of the Mexican border and is within ...

                                               

Silverton, Texas

Silverton is located in west-central Briscoe County at 34°28′17″N 101°18′17″W 34.471256, -101.304749. Texas State Highway 86 passes through the city, leading southeast 17 miles 27 km to Quitaque and west 27 miles 43 km to Tulia near Interstate 27 ...

                                               

Sinton, Texas

Sinton is a city in and the county seat of San Patricio County, Texas, United States. The population was 5.665 at the 2010 census. It is named in honor of David Sinton.

                                               

Snyder, Texas

Snyder is a town in, and the county seat of Scurry County, Texas, United States. The population was 11.202 at the 2010 census. The city is located in the lower part of the Southwestern Tablelands ecological region.

                                               

Sonora, Texas

Sonora is located at 30°34′5″N 100°38′39″W 30.568166, -100.644163. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 2.0 square miles 5.1 km2, all of it land. The area lies in the Western part of Texas hill country, a region of l ...

                                               

Spearman, Texas

Spearman is a city in and county seat of Hansford County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 3.368. It is known for its collection of windmills from the J.B. Buchanan windmill collection.

                                               

Stanton, Texas

Stanton is located at 32°7′51″N 101°47′31″W 32.130740, -101.792072. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.8 sq km 4.7 km 2, of which 1.8 square miles 4.7 km2 is Land and 0.56% is water.

                                               

Stinnett, Texas

Stinnett is a city in and the county seat of Hutchinson County, Texas, United States. The population was 1.881 at the 2010 census, a decrease from 1.936 at the 2000 census.

                                               

Stratford, Texas

Stratford is a city in Sherman County, Texas, United States. The population was 2.017 at the 2010 census, up from 1.991 in 2000. It is the county seat of Sherman County.

                                               

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Sulphur Springs is a city and the county seat of Hopkins County, Texas, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 15.449. Sulphur Springs is located along the western edge of Northeast Texas.

                                               

Tahoka, Texas

Tahoka is located at 33°9′57″N 101°47′58″W 33.165804, -101.799315. According to the system of climate classification Köppen, Tahoka sub-Equatorial climate, BSK on climate maps.

                                               

Throckmorton, Texas

Throckmorton is a town in Throckmorton County, Texas, United States. The population was 828 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Throckmorton County.

                                               

Tyler, Texas

Tyler is the county seat of Smith County, located in east-central Texas, United States. The city of Tyler has long been Smith Countys major economic, educational, financial, medical, and cultural hub. The city is named for John Tyler, the tenth P ...

                                               

Van Horn, Texas

Van Horn is a town in and the seat of Culberson County, Texas, United States. According to the 2010 census, Van Horn had a population of 2.063, down from 2.435 at the 2000 census. It is the westernmost incorporated community in the Central Time Z ...

                                               

Vernon, Texas

The original town was called Eagle Springs by the Tonkawa Native Americans and as early as 1858. After the American Civil War, more settlers began moving in the area, and in 1880 they applied for a post office as Eagle Flat. However, the U.S. Pos ...

                                               

Wellington, Texas

Sometime in 1889 or 1890, as smaller ranches and farmlands were being purchased, Ernest Theodore ONeil, his brother-in-law John Simon McConnell, and John W. Swearingen, together had purchased the land upon which the town currently sits, for $5.00 ...

                                               

Wheeler, Texas

Wheeler is a city, and the county seat of Wheeler County, Texas, United States, located on the eastern border of the Texas Panhandle. The population was last reported at 1.592 in the 2010 census.

                                               

Woodville, Texas

Woodville is a town in Tyler County, Texas, United States. The town is intersected by three U.S. highways: U.S. Highway 69, U.S. Highway 190, and U.S. Highway 287. The population was 2.586 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Tyler County ...

                                               

Zapata, Texas

Zapata is a census-designated place in and the county seat of Zapata County, Texas, United States. The population was 5.089 at the 2010 census. As an unincorporated community, Zapata has no municipal government but like all 254 Texas counties has ...

                                               

Federal Prison Camp, Bryan

The Federal Prison Camp, Bryan is a minimum-security United States federal prison for female inmates in Texas. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice. FPC Bryan is located 95 miles N ...

                                               

William P. Hobby Unit

The William P. Hobby Unit is a prison for women in unincorporated Falls County, Texas, United States. Named after William P. Hobby, Lieutenant Governor of Texas, it is a part of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. It is located on Texas Far ...

                                               

Calaboose Museum

The Calaboose Museum is located on East Lavielle Street in Kirbyville, Texas. The museum was built in 1910 as the city jail. It houses many artifacts and photographs, as well as an abundance of historical facts about Kirbyville and the surroundin ...

                                               

George Beto Unit

The George Beto Unit is a mens maximum security prison of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice located in unincorporated Anderson County, Texas. The unit is located along Farm to Market Road 3328, 6 miles south of Tennessee Colony. The prison ...

                                               

Coffield Unit

The H. H. Coffield Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison for men in unincorporated Anderson County, Texas. The prison, near Tennessee Colony, is along Farm to Market Road 2054. The unit, on a 20.518 acres plot of land, is co-locat ...

                                               

Mark W. Michael Unit

The Mark W. Michael Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice mens prison located in unincorporated Anderson County, Texas. The unit is along Farm to Market Road 2054, 4 miles south of Tennessee Colony. The unit, on 20.518 acres of land, is ...

                                               

Louis C. Powledge Unit

The Louis C. Powledge Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison for men located in unincorporated Anderson County, Texas. The approximately 20.518-acre unit, co-located with the Beto, Coffield, and Michael prison units and the Gurney ...

                                               

Clemens Unit

Clemens Unit is a prison farm of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas in Greater Houston. The prison, with about 8.008 square feet, is located at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2004 and Texas ...

                                               

Darrington Unit

The Darrington Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice mens prison located in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas, near Sandy Point, and with a Rosharon, Texas postal address, it is not inside the Rosharon census-designated place. The un ...

                                               

Ramsey Unit

The W. F. Ramsey Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison farm located in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas, with a Rosharon postal address, it is not inside the Rosharon census-designated place. The prison is located on Farm to ...

                                               

Wayne Scott Unit

The Wayne Scott Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison farm located in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas. The unit, southwest of Houston, is along County Road 290, 8 miles south of Angleton. Scott, which was established in Sept ...

                                               

Stringfellow Unit

The A. M. "Mac" Stringfellow Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison located in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas, with a Rosharon, Texas postal address it is not inside the Rosharon census-designated place. The prison is locate ...

                                               

Terrell Unit

The Charles T. Terrell Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison located in unincorporated Brazoria County, Texas, with a Rosharon, Texas postal address, it is not inside the Rosharon census-designated place. The facility is located o ...

                                               

Central Unit

The Central Unit was a Texas Department of Criminal Justice mens prison in Sugar Land, Texas. The approximately 325.8-acre facility is 2 miles from the central part of the city of Sugar Land on U.S. Highway 90A. The unit first opened in April 190 ...

                                               

Jester I Unit

The Beauford H. Jester I Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice substance abuse felony punishment facility located in unincorporated Fort Bend County, Texas. The unit is situated at Harlem Road and Ken Drive, on about 940 acres of land, c ...

                                               

Jester III Unit

The Beauford H. Jester III Unit is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison farm located in unincorporated Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. The unit is along U.S. Highway 90A, 4 miles east of central Richmond. The unit, which opened i ...