ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 365




                                               

Rockaway Beach, Missouri

Rockaway Beach is a city in Taney County, Missouri, United States. The population was 841 at the 2010 census. It lies on the shoreline of the White River. Rockaway beach is part of the Branson, Missouri area statistical search results.

                                               

Rogersville, Missouri

Rogersville is a city in Greene and Webster counties in the U.S. state of Missouri. The population was 3.073 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Rogersville was formally known as the "Raccoon ...

                                               

Rosebud, Missouri

Rosebud is located at 38°23′12″N 91°24′7″W 38.386579, -91.401899. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.87 square miles of 2.25 km2, all land.

                                               

Russellville, Missouri

Russellville is a city in Cole County, Missouri, United States. The population was 807 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

St. Ann, Missouri

The city was established in 1948 but began to develop six years before it was granted the petition of incorporation. Charles F. Vatterott, the developer and builder of most of the residential and commercial properties in St. Ann, started the comm ...

                                               

Saint Clair, Missouri

Saint Clair is located between the Meramec River to the southeast and the Bourbeuse River to the northwest. Interstate 44 passes along the northwest side of the city and Missouri Routes 30 and 47 both pass through the city. Union is approximately ...

                                               

St. James, Missouri

The settlement was originally known as Big Prairie because of its location on the natural prairie of that name in the area. In 1859, when a man by the name of John Wood anticipated the extension of the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway, the settlem ...

                                               

St. John, Missouri

St. John is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States, with its commercial district centered along St. Charles Rock Road. It is a few miles southeast of Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. According to the 2010 census, the city pop ...

                                               

St. Martins, Missouri

St. Martins is a city in Cole County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.140 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

St. Mary, Missouri

St. Mary had a number of nicknames, including Camp Rowdy and Yankeetown. Eventually, the community came to be known as St. Marys Landing and then simply as St. Marys.

                                               

St. Paul, Missouri

A post office called Saint Paul was established in 1875, and remained in operation until 1964. The community takes its name from a local Roman Catholic church of the same name.

                                               

St. Robert, Missouri

St. Robert is a city in Pulaski County, Missouri, United States. The population was 4.340 at the 2010 census. It is a gateway community to the United States Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence Fort Leonard Wood.

                                               

St. Thomas, Missouri

St. Thomas is a city in Cole County, Missouri, United States. The population was 263 at the 2010 census, at which time it was a town. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Salisbury, Missouri

The land where Salisbury is now located was first owned by Prior Bibo, a veteran of the War of 1812, in the late 1820s. A tract of 320 acres was granted to Bibo by the U.S. government as a bonus for his military service. Following two intermediat ...

                                               

Sarcoxie, Missouri

Sarcoxie is a city in Jasper County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.330 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Schell City, Missouri

Schell City was laid out in 1871. The city was named for one of its original proprietors, Augustus Schell of New York. A post office has been in operation at Schell City since 1871.

                                               

Scott City, Missouri

Scott City is a city in Cape Girardeau and Scott counties in the U.S. state of Missouri. The population was 4.565 at the 2010 census. The Scott County portion of Scott City is part of the Sikeston Micropolitan Statistical Area, while the Cape Gir ...

                                               

Seligman, Missouri

Seligman is a city in Sugar Creek Township, Barry County, Missouri, United States. The population was 851 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Joseph Seligman, a prominent 19th-century businessman. The name Seligman is of Yiddish derivatio ...

                                               

Senath, Missouri

Senath was founded in 1882. It is named after an early settler, Asenath Douglass, who was commonly called Senath and in whose family her Bible-derived name Asenath was pronounced with a long "e" and with stress on the second syllable. A post offi ...

                                               

Seneca, Missouri

Seneca is a city in western Newton County, Missouri, United States. The population was 2.336 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Seymour, Missouri

Seymour is a city in southeastern Webster County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.921 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Shelbina, Missouri

Shelbina was platted in 1857 when the railroad was extended to that point. The name "Shelbina" is derived from Shelby County. A post office called Shelbina has been in operation since 1858. The house of Benjamin was included in the national regis ...

                                               

Sheldon, Missouri

Sheldon was platted in 1881 when the railroad was extended to that point. The city was named for Sheldon A. Wright or Wight, the owner of the town site. A post office has been in operation at Sheldon since 1881.

                                               

Sheridan, Missouri

Sheridan is located at 40°31′2″N 94°36′54″W 40.517355, -94.614890. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.19 square miles of 0.49 km2, all land.

                                               

Shrewsbury, Missouri

Shrewsbury is an inner-ring suburb of St. Louis, located in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 6.254 at the 2010 census. The city is home to the broadcast towers of KSDK-and KDNL-TV.

                                               

Silex, Missouri

Silex had its start in the 1880s when the railroad known as the Northern Hannibal Railway was extended to the town for the purpose of transportation. A post office called Silex has been in operation since 1882. The community was named after the m ...

                                               

Skidmore, Missouri

Skidmore is a city in Nodaway County, Missouri, United States. The population was 284 at the 2010 Census. The small farming community had a yearly "Punkin Show" until 2004.

                                               

Slater, Missouri

Slater was laid out in 1889. A post office called Slater has been in operation since 1878. The community has the name of John F. Slater, a railroad official.

                                               

Smithton, Missouri

Smithton is located at 38°40′50″N 93°5′33″W 38.680652, -93.092456. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.30 square miles 0.78 km 2, all land.

                                               

Smithville, Missouri

Smithville is a city in Clay and Platte counties in the U.S. state of Missouri and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area, along the Little Platte River. The population was 8.425 at the 2010 United States Census.

                                               

South Gifford, Missouri

South Gifford had its start in the early 1900s when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called South Gifford was established in 1913, and remained in operation until 1971.

                                               

South Gorin, Missouri

South Gorin is a city located in Scotland County, Missouri, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 91. The original name of the city was simply "Gorin", and it was changed. The official name for the post office i ...

                                               

Southwest City, Missouri

Southwest City is a city in McDonald County, Missouri, United States. The population was 937 at the 2010 census, at which time it was a town. It is part of the Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers, AR-MO Metropolitan Statistical Area and is located in ...

                                               

Spickard, Missouri

Spickard was originally called Spickardsville, and under the latter name was platted in 1871 by G. A. Spickard, and named for him. A post office called Spickardsville was established in 1872, and the name was changed to Spickard in 1892.

                                               

St. Peters, Missouri

St. Peters is a city in St. Charles County, Missouri, United States. The 2010 census showed the citys population to be 52.575, tied for 10th place in Missouri with Blue Springs. Interstate 70 passes through the city providing a major transportati ...

                                               

Stanberry, Missouri

Stanberry was platted in 1879 when the railroad was extended to that point. The community was named for J. J. Stanberry, original owner of the town site. A post office called Stanberry has been in operation since 1879.

                                               

Steele, Missouri

Steele is a city in southern Pemiscot County in the Missouri Bootheel of southeastern Missouri, United States. The population was 2.172 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Stewartsville, Missouri

Stewartsville is a city in DeKalb County, Missouri, United States. The population was 750 at the 2010 census. The community is named for Robert M. Stewart, a former Missouri governor. It is part of the St. Joseph, MO–KS Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Stover, Missouri

Stover is located at 38°26′32″N 92°59′24″W 38.442199, -92.989936. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.89 square miles of 2.31 km2, all land.

                                               

Strafford, Missouri

Strafford is a city in eastern Greene County, Missouri, United States. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2.358 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Strasburg, Missouri

Strasburg is a city in Cass County, Missouri, United States. The population was 141 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.

                                               

Sugar Creek, Missouri

Sugar Creek is a city in Clay and Jackson counties in the U.S. state of Missouri. The population was 3.345 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.

                                               

Sullivan, Missouri

Sullivan is a city that straddles the border of Franklin and Crawford counties in the U.S. state of Missouri. The population was 7.081 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Summersville, Missouri

Summersville is located at 37°10′41″N 91°39′31″W 37.178141, -91.658521. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.11 square miles of 2.87 km2, all land.

                                               

Sunset Hills, Missouri

Sunset Hills is located at 38°328" North, 90°2414" West 38.535570, -90.403759. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 9.14 square miles 23.67 km 2, of which, 9.10 square miles 23.57 km 2 are land, and 0.04 square miles ...

                                               

Sweet Springs, Missouri

Sweet Springs was originally named "Brownsville", and under the latter name was platted in 1838. A post office called Sweet Springs has been in operation since 1849. The present name is after a mineral spring near the original town site. First Ch ...

                                               

Taos, Missouri

Taos is a city in Cole County, Missouri, United States. The population was 878 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Thayer, Missouri

A post office called Thayer has been in operation since 1884. The community has the name of Nathaniel Thayer, a railroad promoter. Thayer is a railway town, as it was laid out in 1882 to be a division point. At the turn of the 20th century, 400 r ...

                                               

Tindall, Missouri

Tindall was laid out in 1872 when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established at Tindall in 1869, and remained in operation until 1967. The city has the name of Jacob A. Tindall, an officer in the Civil War.

                                               

Town and Country, Missouri

Town and Country is a city in west St. Louis County, Missouri, United States with a population of 10.815 as of the 2010 census. Town and country has the highest average household income of $134.387 in 2009 from any city in Missouri with populatio ...