ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 367




                                               

Innsbrook, Missouri

Innsbrook is a village in Warren County, Missouri, United States. The population was 552 at the 2010 census. The village of Innsbrook is comprised almost entirely by Innsbrook Resort - a private, gated community. The village was founded in 1998.

                                               

Ionia, Missouri

Ionia was originally called Ionia City, and under the latter name was platted in 1866. A post office called Ionia City was established in 1867, and the name was changed to Ionia in 1895. The community most likely was named after the Ionic order i ...

                                               

Irena, Missouri

Irena was laid out in 1876, and named after Irena, England, the ancestral home of the wife of a first settler. A post office called Irena was established in 1883, and remained in operation until 1932.

                                               

Jacksonville, Missouri

Jacksonville is located at 39°35′19″N 92°28′23″W. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.11 square miles 0.28 km2, all land.

                                               

Jameson, Missouri

Jameson was originally named Feurt Summit, and under the latter name was laid out in 1871. A post office called Jameson has been in operation since 1871.

                                               

Jamestown, Missouri

Jamestown is a village in northeastern Moniteau County, Missouri, United States. The population was 386 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Jerico Springs, Missouri

Jerico Springs was platted in 1882. Its name is derived from both the ancient city of Jericho and that of Joseph B. Carrico, the owner of the town site.

                                               

Josephville, Missouri

A post office called Josephville opened in 1875, and remained in operation until 1910. The community was named for its first postmaster, Joseph Wilmes.

                                               

Junction City, Missouri

Junction City is located at 37°34′11″N 90°17′13″W. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.36 square miles of 0.93 km2, all land.

                                               

Kelso, Missouri

Kelso is a village in Scott County, Missouri, United States. The population was 586 at the 2010 census. Index 63758 Kelso is used for residents who wish to receive mail at the Kelso mail, direct mail delivery in Kelso, Scott uses the index 63780.

                                               

Kingdom City, Missouri

Kingdom City is a village in Callaway County, Missouri, United States. It is part of the Jefferson City Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 128 at the 2010 census. The village lies north of the intersection of Interstate 70 and U.S. ...

                                               

Kirbyville, Missouri

Kirbyville is a village in Taney County, Missouri, United States. The population was 207 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Branson, Missouri Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

La Due, Missouri

La Due was platted in 1870, and named after A. D. Ladue, a railroad official. A post office called La Due was established in 1872, and remained in operation until 1973.

                                               

Lake Mykee Town, Missouri

Lake Mykee Town was a village in Callaway County, Missouri, United States whose government was dissolved land area annexed into Holts Summit, Missouri. Because of this, Lake Mykee no longer exists and the former village is now referred to as Holt ...

                                               

Lake Tekakwitha, Missouri

Lake Tekakwitha is located at 38.442423, -90.717745. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.283 square miles 0.73 km 2, of which 0.68 0.262 square miles km 2 of Land and 0.021 sq. km 0.05 km 2 of water.

                                               

Lamar Heights, Missouri

Lamar Heights is located at 37°29′33″N 94°17′33″W 37.492411, -94.292570. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.80 square miles 2.07 km 2, of which 0.78-square-mile 2.02 km 2 of Land and 0.02 square miles 0.05 km 2 w ...

                                               

Lambert, Missouri

Lambert is an inactive village in Scott County, Missouri, United States. The population was 34 at the 2010 census. The community is named S. W. Lambert, a local judge.

                                               

Laurie, Missouri

Laurie is located along the southern border of Morgan County and a small portion extends south into Camden County. The town is on Missouri Route 5 and is approximately two miles north of the Lake of the Ozarks. Sunrise Beach is about three miles ...

                                               

Leasburg, Missouri

Leasburg is a village in Crawford County, Missouri, United States. The population was 338 at the 2010 census. In 2006, this neighborhood was rated #1 most walkable small city in the country by Neighborhood Scout, a national company that provides ...

                                               

Leawood, Missouri

Leawood is a village in Newton County, Missouri, United States. The population was 682 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Leonard, Missouri

A post office called Leonard has been in operation since 1875. The community was named after Leonora Miller, the daughter of a local mill owner a recording error accounts for the error in spelling, which was never corrected.

                                               

Leslie, Missouri

Leslie is located at 38°25′4″N 91°13′53″W 38.417673, -91.231378. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.17 square miles or 0.44 km2, all land.

                                               

Lewis and Clark Village, Missouri

Lewis and Clark Village is a village in Buchanan County, Missouri, United States. The population was 132 at the 2010 census. It is part of the St. Joseph, MO–KS Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Livonia, Missouri

The plat for Livonia, Missouri was laid out in May, 1859 by Absalom Grogan and consisted of four blocks containing eight lots each. Grogan was also the towns first postmaster. Following Grogans death however, the post office was moved to the farm ...

                                               

Lock Springs, Missouri

Lock Springs is located at 39°50′57″N 93°46′34″W 39.849112, -93.776101. According to the Bureau of US census, the village has a total area of 0.12 square miles of 0.31 km2, all land.

                                               

Loma Linda, Missouri

Loma Linda is a village in Newton County, Missouri, United States. The population was 725 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. The village, a collection of homes and properties surrounding the golf ...

                                               

Longtown, Missouri

Some of the earliest Europeans to put down roots in the area were English and Scotch-Irish Presbyterian settlers from Rowan, Iredell, Cabarrus, and Mecklenburg counties in North Carolina who settled to the south in Brazeau in 1817. Soon after, in ...

                                               

Louisburg, Missouri

Louisburg is a village in Dallas County, Missouri, United States. The population was 122 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Lucerne, Missouri

Lucerne was platted in 1887. The community most likely took its name from Lucerne, Ohio. A post office called Lucerne has been in operation since 1887.

                                               

Ludlow, Missouri

Ludlow is a village in Livingston County, Missouri, United States. The population was 137 at the 2010 census. The median income in Ludlow, MO is.107 and the median home value is.300.

                                               

Luray, Missouri

Luray is a village in Clark County, Missouri, United States. The population was 99 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Fort Madison–Keokuk, IA-MO Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Marlborough, Missouri

Marlborough is located at 38°34′2″N 90°20′21″W 38.567202, -90.339194. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.23 square miles 0.60 km2, all land.

                                               

McCord Bend, Missouri

McCord Bend is a village in Stone County, Missouri, United States. The population was 297 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Branson, Missouri Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Merwin, Missouri

Merwin is a village in Bates County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 58 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Metz, Missouri

A post office called Metz has been in operation since 1870. Metz was moved to its present site in the 19th century when railroad construction bypassed the original town site. The villages name commemorates the Siege of Metz 1870. An early variant ...

                                               

Milford, Missouri

Milford is located at 37°35′7″N 94°9′28″W 37.585337, -94.157818. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.04 square miles 0.10 km2, all land.

                                               

Mill Spring, Missouri

Mill Spring was laid out in 1871. The community took its name from a nearby spring of the same name which once powered lumber mills. A post office called Mill Spring has been in operation since 1874. Millspring post office was shut down in 2014

                                               

Milo, Missouri

Milo was platted in 1881 when the railroad was extended to that point. The community has the name of Milo Main, an early settler. A post office has been in operation at Milo since 1883.

                                               

Mineral Point, Missouri

Mineral Point had its start in the 1850s as a lead-mining settlement. The community owes its name to the wealth of minerals found in the vicinity. Mineral Point was situated along the St. Louis, Iron Mountain and Southern Railway. A post office h ...

                                               

Miramiguoa Park, Missouri

Miramiguoa Park is located at 38°14′17″N 91°4′9″W 38.238038, -91.069297. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.39 square miles of 1.01 km2, all land.

                                               

Mooresville, Missouri

Mooresville was platted in 1860 by W. B. Moore, and named for him. A post office called Mooresville has been in operation since 1860. The village was incorporated in 1874.

                                               

Moundville, Missouri

Moundville was platted in 1869. The village was so named on account of a natural mound near the original town site. A post office called Mounds was established in 1870, and the name was changed to Moundville in 1886.

                                               

Mount Leonard, Missouri

Mount Leonard was platted in 1877, and named after Abiel Leonard, the original owner of the town site. A post office called Mount Leonard was established in 1878, and remained in operation until 1957.

                                               

Mount Moriah, Missouri

A post office called Mount Moriah was established in 1867, and remained in operation until 1983. The name most likely was named after Moriah, a place mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.

                                               

Newark, Missouri

Newark is located at 39°59′36″N 91°58′24″W 39.993376, -91.973265. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.32 square miles of 0.83 km2, all land.

                                               

Newtonia, Missouri

Newtonia is a village in Newton County, Missouri, United States. The population was 199 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Newtonia was the site of the Battles of Newtonia. Newtonia has some Ante ...

                                               

North Lilbourn, Missouri

As of the census of 2010, there were 49 people, 22 households, and 12 families living in the village. The population density was 288.2 inhabitants per square mile 111.3/km 2. There were 30 housing units at an average density of 176.5 per square m ...

                                               

Norwood Court, Missouri

As of the census of 2010, there were 959 people, 530 households, and 210 families living in the village. The population density was 7.376.9 inhabitants per square mile 2.848.2/km 2. There were 582 housing units at an average density of 4.476.9 pe ...

                                               

Novelty, Missouri

As of the census of 2010, there were 139 people, 61 households, and 43 families living in the village. The population density was 496.4 inhabitants per square mile 191.7/km 2. There were 68 housing units at an average density of 242.9 per square ...

                                               

Oak Grove Village, Missouri

As of the census of 2010, there were 509 people, 216 households, and 114 families living in the village. The population density was 795.3 inhabitants per square mile 307.1/km 2. There were 243 housing units at an average density of 379.7 per squa ...