ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 369




                                               

Lavinio

Lavinio Lido di Enea is a small sea side tourist town in the Lazio region of Italy, 50 kilometres southwest of Rome. It is part of the municipality of Anzio.

                                               

Cremera

Cremera is a 36.7-kilometre Italian stream in Lazio which runs past Sacrofano, Formello, and Campagnano di Roma before falling into the Tiber about 10 kilometres north of Rome. It connects to the Tiber just as the Via Flaminia intersects the Gran ...

                                               

Roman Catholic Diocese of Adria-Rovigo

The Italian Catholic Diocese of Adria-Rovigo, in the Triveneto, has existed under this name since 1986. It is a Latin suffragan to the Patriarchate of Venice. Its territory comprises roughly the northeastern Italian province of Rovigo himself not ...

                                               

Roman Catholic Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno

The Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno is a Roman Catholic diocese located in the Campania region of Italy. It is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Salerno-Campagna-Acerno.

                                               

Basilica of San Simplicio, Olbia

The Basilica of San Simplicio is a Basilica in Olbia, northern Sardinia, Italy. It was built in the late 11th century on a small hill, was located outside the city walls, used since the Carthaginian times as a cemetery area. In this area already ...

                                               

Mechanized Brigade "Sassari"

The Mechanized Brigade "Sassari" is a mechanized infantry brigade of the Italian Army, based on the island of Sardinia. Its core are three infantry regiments which distinguished themselves in combat during World War I. Carrying the name of the Sa ...

                                               

Monte dAccoddi

Monte dAccoddi is a Neolithic archaeological site in northern Sardinia, located in the territory of Sassari near Porto Torres. The site consists of a massive raised stone platform thought to have been an altar. It was constructed by the Ozieri cu ...

                                               

Calvisio

Present-day Calvisio is located near the Sciusa, mainly on the right banks of the stream. There also stands the parish church, built in a neo-Middle Ages style. On monte Tolla slopes, also on the right side of Sciusa Valley but at an elevation of ...

                                               

Final Pia

Final Pia or Finale Pia is one of three urban forming the Ligurian town of Finale Ligure, near Savona, northern Italy. An independent municipality until 1927, it was later merged with Finale Marina and Finalborgo to form the modern town of Finale ...

                                               

Segno

Segno is a village in North Western Italy in the region of Liguria. It belongs to the Municipality of Vado Ligure. Its countryside landscape makes it a popular place for outdoor sports, including mountain Biking, running cross country, track and ...

                                               

Varigotti

In late antiquity times, it was known as Varicottis. In 643, when it was home to a Byzantine fortification, it was destroyed by the Lombard king Rothari. Later it suffered from Saracen raids, and in the 12th century it was contended between the m ...

                                               

Santi Pietro e Paolo, Buonconvento

A church at the site dates to 1103, but was refurbished in the 18th century, with the brick facade completed in 1723. The belltower dates to the early 19th-century. History recalls that on 24 August, 1313, Henry VII of Luxembourg, Holy Roman Empe ...

                                               

Merano-Maia Bassa/Meran-Untermais railway station

Merano-Maia Bassa/Meran-Untermais is a railway station in the southwestern part of the town of Merano/Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy. The station is on the Bolzano/Bozen to Merano/Meran line between the stations of Lana-Postal/Lana-Burgstal ...

                                               

St. Nicholas Church, Meran

The Church of St. Nicholas is the parish church of the town of Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy. The Church is dedicated to St. Nicholas, patron Saint of the city. It is located at the end of the Laubengasse in the Old town centre between Dom ...

                                               

St. Barbaras Chapel, Meran

The Chapel of St. Barbara is a chapel located in the town of Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy. The chapel stands right behind St. Nicholas Church, Meran. The layout of the chapel is octagonal. It was built by the architect Hans von Burghausen ...

                                               

Womens Museum Meran

The Womens Museum Meran is located in a former convent of the Poor Clares in the centre of Meran. It is administrated by an association and is also the registration office of the International Association of Womens Museums.

                                               

Noto Cathedral

Noto Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Noto in Sicily, Italy. Its construction, in the style of the Sicilian Baroque, began in the early 18th century and was completed in 1776. It is dedicated to Saint Nicholas of Myra, and has been the ...

                                               

Atri Cathedral

Atri Cathedral is a Romanesque Roman Catholic cathedral dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in the town of Atri, Province of Teramo, region of Abruzzo, Italy. It used to be, from 1251, the Episcopal residence of the diocese of Atri lat ...

                                               

Castagneto

Castagneto is a frazione of the Italian city of Teramo. It is located approximately four miles from Teramo at the base of a mountain sub-range known as Monti della Laga. Nearby is a state highway, SP 50, which leads to the nearby village of Ioane ...

                                               

Colle Caruno

Colle Caruno is a frazione of the Commune of Teramo in the Abruzzo Region of Italy. It is located about four miles from the communal capital. In times past the village has been referred to in documents as Colacaruni or Collecaruni. These names li ...

                                               

Figliola

Figliola is a frazione of the comune of Crognaleto, in the Province of Teramo within the Abruzzo Region of Italy. It is between the towns of Crognaleto, San Giorgio and Aiello in the Vomano Valley. Figliola faces the Gran Sasso and can be reached ...

                                               

Frondarola

Frondarola is a small town in the province of Teramo in the Abruzzo region of Italy, population about 200. It lies at an altitude of 1502 feet above sea level and is located about 5 miles from Teramo, of which it is a frazione.

                                               

Rapino (Teramo)

It sits at the top of an imposing hill about 8 miles from Teramo. To the west can be seen the Gran Sasso, the highest peak in the Apennines and to the east lies a plain leading to the Adriatic Sea.

                                               

Scapriano

Scapriano lies in a hilly area about 2 km from Teramo, the provincial capital. Just below the village the stream Fosso Grande feeds into the Vezzola river. Crossing this river is as stone bridge which the locals refer to as the "Ponte del lu stuc ...

                                               

Spiano

Spiano is a frazione of the commune of Teramo in the Abruzzo Region of Italy. It sits about seven miles from Teramo on a hill that overlooks both the Tordino and the Vomano valleys.

                                               

Valle Soprana

Valle Soprana lies about six miles from Teramo, near the edge of the Gran Sasso National Park. Leading up to the ridge of f the Asino Hills, the countryside surrounding Valle Soprana is characterized by a series of trails tratturi that in the pas ...

                                               

Villa Ripa

Villa Ripa is a village in the province of Teramo, in the Abruzzo region of central Italy. It is a frazione of the comune of Teramo and has a population of about 700. Until the 18th century, this small village went by the name "Rip-Rattieri": "Ri ...

                                               

Castle of Montegiove

Castello di Montegiove was established in the 13th century in Umbria, Italy. It lies at 627 meters above sea-level, on the border between the old city states of Orvieto and Perugia. The castle, known as La Scarzuola, continues to operate privatel ...

                                               

Cascata delle Marmore

The Cascata delle Marmore or Marmore Falls is a man-made waterfall created by the ancient Romans. Its total height is 165 m, making it the tallest man-made waterfall in the world. Of its 3 sections, the top one is the tallest, at 83 m. It is loca ...

                                               

Palazzo Spada (Terni)

Palazzo Spada is a palace in Terni, Umbria, central Italy, built on behest of Count Michelangelo Spada in the mid-16th century and designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger. It currently serves as the town hall for the city. Alexandre de Rogiss ...

                                               

Roman Catholic Diocese of Terni-Narni-Amelia

The diocese of Terni-Narni-Amelia is a Roman Catholic ecclesiastical territory in Umbria, central Italy. It was created in 1983, when the Diocese of Amelia was united to the Diocese of Terni and Narni. The latter had been in turn created in 1907, ...

                                               

Geosite Travertino della Cava Cappuccini (Alcamo)

Since 2010 the Ministry of the Environment), through l’ISPRA Superior Institute for the environmental protection and research had included it in the official list of Italian geosites. Decree of 1 December 2015, according to the regional Departmen ...

                                               

Mount Bonifato

Mount Bonifato is a mountain in north western Sicilly in the province of Trapani. It is famous for its pine forest and natural reserve of Bosco di Alcamo. On its slopes they found the proto-historic necropolis and traces of an ancient settlement. ...

                                               

Our Lady of Miracles

The cult of Madonna of Miracles in Alcamo dates back to 21 June 1547, the day people remember the Madonnas apparition to some women near a stream running north of Alcamo. Traditionally while washing their clothes in the torrent of the woman with ...

                                               

Piazza Bagolino

Piazza Bagolino is one of the main squares of Alcamo, in the province of Trapani. It is located near the town centre and it is one of the town attractions.

                                               

Piazza Ciullo

Piazza Ciullo is the main square of Alcamo, in the province of Trapani. Being located in the very town centre, it is the meeting place for people and attraction for important events, especially for teenagers.

                                               

Piazza della Repubblica (Alcamo)

Its origin dates back to the middle of the 14th century: at first it was used as a place-of-arms for military exercise. The only building existing at that time was the Church of Saint Mary of Jesus and its convent of the Order of Friars Minor sou ...

                                               

Roman furnaces in Alcamo

The Roman furnaces in Alcamo are part of the archaeological complex of Alcamo Marina and were discovered in 2000. This ancient production center is of international importance, both for its extension and quality preservation.

                                               

Madonna of Trapani

The Basilica-Sanctuary of Maria Santissima Annunziata is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica, dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Trapani, in Sicily. It is included in the Roman Catholic diocese of Trapani.

                                               

Roman Catholic Diocese of Trapani

Trapani was subject to the see of Mazzara, from the Norman Conquest until 1844, when the diocese was created. Its first bishop was the Redemptorist Vincenzo M. Marolda. Bishop Francesco Micciche was removed on may 19, 2012 from the office of Bish ...

                                               

Trapani Cathedral

Trapani Cathedral, otherwise the Basilica of St. Lawrence the Martyr is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Trapani, dedicated to Saint Lawrence. It is located in Trapani, Sicily, Italy. The Church was built by order of Alfonso the mag ...

                                               

Bezzecca

Bezzecca was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010 it merged in the new municipality of Ledro. It is located about 35 km southwest of Trento.

                                               

Bleggio Inferiore

Bleggio Inferiore was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010 it merged, with Lomaso, in the new municipality of Comano Terme.

                                               

Cembra

Cembra was a comune in Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol, located about 15 kilometres northeast of Trento. On 1 January 2016 it was merged with Lisignago to form a new municipality, Cembra Lisignago.

                                               

Concei

Concei was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010, she was included in the new municipality Ledro.

                                               

Lisignago

Lisignago was a comune in Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol, located about 12 kilometres northeast of Trento. On 1 January 2016 it was merged with Cembra to form a new municipality, Cembra Lisignago.

                                               

Lomaso

Lomaso was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010 it merged, with Bleggio Inferiore, in the new municipality of Comano Terme.

                                               

Molina di Ledro

Molina di Ledro was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010 it merged in the new municipality of Ledro. It is the most populated frazione of the municipality. It is located about 35 km southwest ...

                                               

Pieve di Ledro

Pieve di Ledro was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010 it merged in the new municipality of Ledro, as its municipal seat. It is located about 35 km southwest of Trento. July 18, 1866 the vil ...

                                               

Tiarno di Sopra

Tiarno di Sopra was a comune in Trentino in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Sudtirol. On January 1, 2010, it merged in the new municipality of Ledro. It is located about 40 km southwest of Trento.