ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 395




                                               

Nisland, South Dakota

Nisland is a town in Butte County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 232 at the 2010 census. The city was named in honor of the NIS Sorensen, the original owner of the site of the city.

                                               

Northville, South Dakota

Northville was platted in 1881 when the railroad was extended to that point. The city was named from the fact it was then the most northern point on the railroad line. A post office has been in operation in Northville since 1881.

                                               

Nunda, South Dakota

Nunda is a town in Lake County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 43 at the 2010 census. The first settlement on Nkunda was made in 1877 by a colony of Scandinavians.

                                               

Oacoma, South Dakota

Oacoma is a town in Lyman County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 451 at the 2010 census. Oacoma is located on the west bank of the Missouri River, across from Chamberlain.

                                               

Oelrichs, South Dakota

Oelrichs is a town in Fall River County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 126 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Onaka, South Dakota

Onaka was founded in 1907 as a station stop on a branch line of the Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway built that year between Conde and LeBeau, South Dakota. Railway service to Onaka ended in 1940.

                                               

Orient, South Dakota

Orient is a town in Faulk County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 63 at the 2010 census. Orient began in 1887 when the railroad Milwaukee was renewed in the area.

                                               

Peever, South Dakota

Peever is a town in Roberts County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 168 at the 2010 census. Peever was founded in 1898 and named in honor of F. N. Peever, the sump.

                                               

Pickstown, South Dakota

Pickstown is a town in southern Charles Mix County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 201 at the 2010 census. It was named after U.S. Army General Lewis A. Pick, former director of the Missouri River Office of the United States Army ...

                                               

Pierpont, South Dakota

Pierpont is a town in northwestern Day County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 135 at the 2010 census. The city was named employee of the railroad.

                                               

Pollock, South Dakota

Pollock is a town in Campbell County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 241 at the 2010 census. Pollock was founded in 1901 and named after the first settler with the last name Pollock. Depot Pollock is listed on the national regist ...

                                               

Pringle, South Dakota

Pringle is a town in Custer County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 112 at the 2010 census. The city is named after W. H. Pringle, a cattleman, who lived in the area.

                                               

Quinn, South Dakota

Quinn is a town in Pennington County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 54 at the 2010 census. The town is the home of the Badlands Observatory, located in the former community hospital, built in 1950.

                                               

Ramona, South Dakota

Ramona is a town in Lake County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 174 at the 2010 census. Ramona was founded in 1886 and named for a local family Ramon.

                                               

Ravinia, South Dakota

Ravinia is located at 43°8′13″N 98°25′35″W 43.137002, -98.426413. According to the census Bureau United States, the city has a total area of 0.25 square miles 0.65 km2, all land.

                                               

Raymond, South Dakota

A post office called Raymond has been in operation since 1882. Raymond was platted in 1883. The town was named for J. M. Raymond, a railroad engineer.

                                               

Ree Heights, South Dakota

Ree Heights is located at 44°30′58″N 99°12′6″W 44.516044, -99.201552. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.30 square miles of 0.78 km 2, all of it land. Ri heights was rated 57371 index and the FIPS place code 53940.

                                               

Reliance, South Dakota

Reliance is located at 43°52′43″N 99°36′4″W 43.878490, −99.601138. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.15 square miles 2.98 km 2, of which, 1.09 square miles 2.82 km 2 is land and 0.06 square miles 0.16 km 2 water ...

                                               

Revillo, South Dakota

Revillo is a town in southeastern Grant County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 119 at the 2010 census. The citys name probably comes from the reverse spelling of the proper name "Olliver".

                                               

Rockham, South Dakota

Rockham is a town in Faulk County, South Dakota, United States, off of US Route 212, and was a stop on the old Chicago and North Western Railway. The population was 33 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Roslyn, South Dakota

Roslyn is located at 45°29′47″N 97°29′27″W 45.496323, -97.490960. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.20 square miles of 0.52 km2, all of it land. Roslin was appointed postcode 57261 and FIPS place code 56380.

                                               

St. Francis, South Dakota

St. Francis is a town on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in Todd County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 709 at the 2010 census. St. Francis received its name from St. Francis Indian school, which bore the name of Francis of Assisi ...

                                               

St. Lawrence, South Dakota

The first settlement at St. Lawrence was made in 1881. A post office has been in operation since 1882. The town was named after the Saint Lawrence River.

                                               

Seneca, South Dakota

Seneca is located at 45°03′39″N 99°30′36″W. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.42 square miles 1.09 km 2, all of it land. Seneca has been assigned the index 57473 and the FIPS place code 58140. Seneca along highw ...

                                               

Sherman, South Dakota

Sherman is a town in Minnehaha County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 78 at the 2010 census. The city was named after A. E. Sherman, Dakota banker territory.

                                               

South Shore, South Dakota

South Shore is a town in Codington County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 227 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Watertown, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Stickney, South Dakota

The town was named for J.B. Stickney, an official with the Milwaukee Railroad. The town was platted and incorporated in 1905 and a post office was established November 17, 1905. William P. Smith house, now on the National register of historic pla ...

                                               

Stockholm, South Dakota

Stockholm is a town in Grant County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 108 at the 2010 census. Stockholm was founded in 1896 and named in honor of the capital of Sweden, home of most of the first settlers.

                                               

Strandburg, South Dakota

Strandburg is a town in southern Grant County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 72 at the 2010 census. Its name is derived from the towns founder, the Swedish John Strandburg.

                                               

Stratford, South Dakota

Stratford is a town in southern Brown County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 72 at the 2010 census. Stratford began when the railroad was extended to that point.

                                               

Trent, South Dakota

Trent is located at 43°54′25″N 96°39′17″W 43.906818, -96.654698, along the Big Sioux River. According to the census Bureau United States, the city has a total area of 1.04 square miles of 2.69 km2, all of it land. Trent has been assigned the inde ...

                                               

Tulare, South Dakota

Tulare is a town in Spink County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 207 at the 2010 census. Tulare was founded in 1883.

                                               

Turton, South Dakota

Turton is a town in Spink County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 48 at the 2010 census. The town was served by Turton High School from 1915 to 1956, students attended Doland High School thereafter.

                                               

Twin Brooks, South Dakota

Twin Brooks is a town in Grant County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 69 at the 2010 census. Twin Brooks was named in honor of two small streams near the camp, an early version of the name was of the two streams.

                                               

Utica, South Dakota

Utica is a town in Yankton County, South Dakota, United States. The population was listed as 65 at the 2010 census. Some say that Utica, a name derived from the Sioux Indian language means "resident", while others believe that the name is a trans ...

                                               

Verdon, South Dakota

Verdon was platted in 1886. It was named after the city of Verdun, France. A post office was established at Verdon in 1887, and remained in operation until being discontinued in 1982.

                                               

Vienna, South Dakota

Vienna is a town in Clark County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 45 at the 2010 census. Most of the first settlers being natives of Austria caused the name to be selected.

                                               

Vilas, South Dakota

Vilas was platted in 1883. It was named for William Freeman Vilas, a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin. A post office was established at Vilas in 1884, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1968.

                                               

Virgil, South Dakota

Virgil is located at 44°17′25″N 98°25′38″W 44.290237, -98.427107. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.00 sq km 2.59 km 2, all of it land. Virgil was assigned an index 57379 and FIPS place code 67500.

                                               

Wallace, South Dakota

Wallace is a town in Codington County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 85 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Watertown, South Dakota Micropolitan Statistical Area. The city was named after the original owner of the Website. Wal ...

                                               

Ward, South Dakota

Ward is located at 44°9′15″N 96°27′40″W 44.154239, −96.461131. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.29 square miles 0.75 km 2, all of it land. Ward was rated 57026 zip code, and FIPS place code 68660.

                                               

Warner, South Dakota

Warner is a town in Brown County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 457 at the 2010 census. The towns name derives from Warren Tarbox, a pioneer settler.

                                               

Wasta, South Dakota

Wasta is located at 44°4′7″N 102°26′42″W 44.068638, -102.445108. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.19 square miles of 0.49 km 2, all of it land. Wasta has been assigned the index 57791 and FIPS place code 69140.

                                               

Westport, South Dakota

Westport is a town in western Brown County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 133 at the 2010 census. The town has the name of a railroad employee.

                                               

Wetonka, South Dakota

Wetonka is a town in McPherson County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 8 at the 2010 census. Wetonka was founded in 1906.

                                               

White Rock, South Dakota

White Rock is a town in Roberts County, South Dakota, United States, along the Bois de Sioux River. The population was 3 at the 2010 census, making it the least populous town in South Dakota. White Rock is the most northeastern community in South ...

                                               

Wolsey, South Dakota

The first settlement at Wolsey was made in 1882. A post office has been in operation in Wolsey since 1883, the same year the town was platted. The township was organized the following year, in 1884. The town of Wolsey was named for Thomas Wolsey, ...

                                               

Yale, South Dakota

Yale is located at 44°26′0″N 97°59′22″W 44.433414, -97.989416. According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 0.15 square miles 0.39 km 2, all of it land. Yale has been assigned the index 57386 and FIPS place code 73020.

                                               

Alcoa, Tennessee

Alcoa is a city in Blount County, Tennessee, United States, south of Knoxville. Its population was estimated to be 10.499 in 2017. It is part of the Knoxville, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area. As its name suggests, Alcoa the site of a lar ...

                                               

Algood, Tennessee

Algood is a city in Putnam County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 3.495 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cookeville Micropolitan Statistical Area.