ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 441




                                               

Airport Drive, Missouri

Airport Drive is a village in Jasper County, Missouri, United States. The population was 698 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community is still commonly referred to as "Stones Corner," as ...

                                               

Aldrich, Missouri

Aldrich is a village in Polk County, Missouri, United States. The population was 80 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Allenville, Missouri

Allenville is a village in Hubble Township in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri, United States. The population was 116 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cape Girardeau–Jackson, MO-IL Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Altamont, Missouri

Altamont was laid out circa 1890. The town was so named on account of its lofty elevation. A post office called Altamont has been in operation since 1890.

                                               

Amazonia, Missouri

Amazonia is a village in Lincoln Township, Andrew County, Missouri, United States. The population was 312 at the 2010 census. It is part of the St. Joseph, MO–KS Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Amity, Missouri

Amity is a village in DeKalb County, Missouri, United States. The population was 54 at the 2010 census. It is part of the St. Joseph, MO–KS Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Annada, Missouri

A post office called Annada has been in operation since 1880. The communitys name is an amalgamation of the first names of Ann and Ada Jamison, the daughters of a pioneer citizen.

                                               

Arbela, Missouri

Arbela was originally named "North Perryville", and under the latter name was platted in 1858. With the coming of the Keokuk & Western Railroad some years later, the town was resurveyed and the present name chosen.

                                               

Arcola, Missouri

Arcola is located at 37°32′56″N 93°52′30″W. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.30 square miles of 0.78 km2, all land.

                                               

Argyle, Missouri

Argyle is a village in Maries and Osage counties in the U.S. state of Missouri. The population was 162 at the 2010 census. The Osage County part of Argyle is part of the Jefferson city, mo statistical area.

                                               

Arkoe, Missouri

Arkoe is located at 40°15′33″N 94°49′39″W 40.259248, -94.827502. According to the Bureau of US census, the village has a total area of 0.14 square miles 0.36 km2, all land.

                                               

Arrow Point, Missouri

Arrow Point is located at 36°32′40″N 93°37′2″W 36.544457, -93.617265. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.19 square miles of 0.49 km2, all land.

                                               

Arrow Rock, Missouri

Arrow Rock is a village in Saline County, Missouri, United States, located near the Missouri River. The village has important historical significance related to westward expansion, the Santa Fe Trail and 19th century artist George Caleb Bingham. ...

                                               

Ashburn, Missouri

Ashburn is located at 39°32′45″N 91°10′16″W 39.545755, -91.170982. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.13 square miles of 0.34 km2, all land.

                                               

Aullville, Missouri

Aullville is a village in Lafayette County, Missouri, and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area within the United States. The population was 100 at the 2010 census.

                                               

Avilla, Missouri

Avilla is a rural village in Jasper County, Missouri, United States. The population was 125 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Avilla is the fourth-oldest settlement in Jasper County today, found ...

                                               

Baker, Missouri

Baker is an inactive village in Stoddard County, Missouri, United States. The population was 3 at the 2010 census. It is Missouris smallest incorporated place.

                                               

Bakersfield, Missouri

A post office called Bakersfield has been in operation since 1873. Variant names were "Bakersville" and "Waterville". The community was named after Jim Baker, the original owner of the town site.

                                               

Baldwin Park, Missouri

Baldwin Park is a village in Cass County, Missouri, United States. The population was 92 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.

                                               

Bel-Nor, Missouri

Bel-Nor is a northwestern suburban city of St. Louis in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1.499 as of the 2010 census. The events that were the basis for the 1971 novel and 1973 movie The Exorcist have a connection to ...

                                               

Bel-Ridge, Missouri

Bel-Ridge is a northern suburban city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 2.737 at the 2010 census. Bel-Ridge is part of the Normandy School System. Bel-Ridge became a city in 2015 by a vote of the voters.

                                               

Bellerive, Missouri

Bellerive is a northern suburban village in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 188 at the 2010 census. In April, 2015, the residents voted to change the village to a fourth class city named Bellerive Acres. This is the ...

                                               

Benton City, Missouri

Benton City is located at 39°8′5″N 91°45′52″W 39.134798, -91.764443. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.10 square miles 0.26 km2, all land.

                                               

Bigelow, Missouri

Bigelow is located at 40°6′37″N 95°17′25″W 40.110204, -95.290252. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.09 square miles 0.23 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Birmingham, Missouri

Birmingham is a village in Clay County, Missouri, United States. The population was 183 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.

                                               

Blodgett, Missouri

Blodgett was settled as early as 1869. A post office called Blodgett has been in operation since 1870. The community has the name of Wells H. Blodgett, a railroad official. The town was incorporated in 1900.

                                               

Blue Eye, Missouri

Blue Eye is an incorporated village in Stone County, Missouri, United States. The population was 167 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Branson Micropolitan Statistical Area. Blue Eye, Missouri is adjacent to Blue Eye, Arkansas.

                                               

Blythedale, Missouri

Blythedale is located at 40°28′31″N 93°55′39″W 40.475204, -93.927397. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.31 square km, 0.80 km 2, all the earth.

                                               

Brimson, Missouri

Brimson was laid out in 1898, and named after W. G. Brimson, a railroad official. A post office called Brimson was established in 1901, and remained in operation until 1978.

                                               

Brooklyn Heights, Missouri

Brooklyn Heights is a village in Jasper County, Missouri, United States. The population was 100 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Brumley, Missouri

There is uncertainty when Brumley was first laid out. Years given are 1858, 1869, and 1877. The source of the name Brumley is also disputed. A post office called Brumley has been in operation since 1863.

                                               

Bull Creek, Missouri

Bull Creek is a village in northwest Taney County, Missouri, United States. The population was 603 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Branson, Missouri Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Burgess, Missouri

Burgess is located at 37°33′21″N 94°36′57″W 37.555890, -94.615703. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.07 square miles 0.18 km2, all land. Burgess is located near mulberry, Kansas, just across the state line ...

                                               

Butterfield, Missouri

Butterfield is located at 36°44′56″N 93°54′12″W 36.748775, -93.903469. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.46 square miles of 1.19 km2, all land.

                                               

Cairo, Missouri

Cairo was originally called "Fairview", and under the latter name was founded in 1858. The village was named after Cairo, Egypt, perhaps via Cairo, Illinois. A post office called Cairo has been in operation since 1860. Archaeological excavations, ...

                                               

Caledonia, Missouri

Caledonia is a village in southern Washington County, Missouri, United States. The population was 130 at the 2010 census. Caledonia is located 4 miles east of Belgrade.

                                               

Carytown, Missouri

Carytown is a village in Jasper County, Missouri, United States. The population was 271 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Cave, Missouri

Cave is a rural place located at 39°1′23″N 91°3′32″W 39.022986, -91.058936. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.99 square miles 2.56 km 2, of which 0.96 square miles 2.49 km 2 is land and 0.03 square mi ...

                                               

Cedar Hill Lakes, Missouri

Cedar Hill Lakes is located at 38°19′43″N 90°39′29″W 38.328696, -90.657962. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.26 square miles of 0.67 km 2, of which 0.23 square miles 0.60 km 2 is Land and 0.03 square mile ...

                                               

Centertown, Missouri

Centertown is a village in Cole County, Missouri, United States. The population was 278 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Chain of Rocks, Missouri

Chain of Rocks was platted in the 1830s, and named for a rock formation near the original town site. A post office called Chain of Rocks was established in 1869, and remained in operation until 1907.

                                               

Chain-O-Lakes, Missouri

Chain-O-Lakes is located at 36°32′0″N 93°43′30″W 36.533380, -93.724975. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.08 sq km of 0.21 km2, all land.

                                               

Champ, Missouri

Champ was founded in 1959 by Bill Bangert, a former track and field athlete who was once mayor of Berkeley, Missouri. Bangert was the mayor of Champ for 18 years, and later moved to California. The majority of the land area of Champ is currently ...

                                               

Claycomo, Missouri

Claycomo is a village in Clay County, Missouri, United States. The village’s name is a portmanteau of "Clay, Co", and "Mo". The population was 1.430 at the 2010 census. Ford Motor Company has an assembly plant in Claycomo. Kansas City Assembly is ...

                                               

Cliff Village, Missouri

Cliff Village is a village in Newton County, Missouri, United States. The population was 40 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Joplin, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Clyde, Missouri

Clyde is a village in Nodaway County, Missouri, United States. The population was 82 at the 2010 census. It is home to the Benedictine convent of Perpetual adoration which houses 550 documented relics of the saints is one of the largest collectio ...

                                               

Cobalt, Missouri

Cobalt Village is a village which is located in Madison County, Missouri, United States that had a population of 189 according to the 2000 United States Census, and 226 as of 2010.

                                               

Collins, Missouri

Collins is located at 37°53′24″N 93°37′11″W 37.890068, -93.619731. According to the Bureau the U.S. census, the village has a total area of 0.25 square miles 0.65 km2, all land.

                                               

Coney Island, Missouri

Coney Island is a village in Stone County, Missouri, United States. The population was 75 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Branson, Missouri Micropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Corning, Missouri

Corning was laid out in 1868. A post office called Corning was in operation from 1868 to 1964. The villages of St. Evangelical Lutheran Church, Jones was listed on the national register of historic places in 2008. Corning influenced by 2019 Midwe ...