Back

ⓘ Ekwok, Alaska




Ekwok, Alaska
                                     

ⓘ Ekwok, Alaska

Ekwok means "end of the bluff" in Yupik. It is the oldest continuously occupied Yupik village on the Nushagak River. During the 1800s, the settlement was used in the spring and summer as a fish camp, and in the fall as a base camp for picking berries. By 1923, it was the largest settlement along the river.

Since the beginning of the 1900s, years before 1941, the letter was delivered by dog sled from Dillingham. In 1941 the post office opened in ekwok. Until 1960 most of the buildings in ekwok were located in the area near the river. After a flood in the early 1960-ies, the village was moved to its current location.

                                     
  • in Ekwok Koliganek, and New Stuyahok, Alaska Technical Paper No. 185, Alaska Department of Fish and Game Division of Subsistence, Juneau, Alaska October
  • majority over half of the population is Native American American Indian or Alaska Native according to data from the 2000 Census. This list does not include
  • International Airport Kemerovo, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia UTC 07: 00 KEK Ekwok Airport Ekwok Alaska United States UTC 09: 00 Mar Nov KEL EDHK Kiel Airport Kiel

Users also searched:

...
...
...