ⓘ Tanana, Alaska
Tanana is a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area in the U.S. state of Alaska. At the 2010 census the population was 246, down from 308 in 2000. It was formerly known as Clachotin, adopted by Canadian French.
Jules Jette 1864-1927, a Jesuit missionary who worked in the area and documented the language, recorded the Koyukon name together in the village Hohudodetlaatl Denh, literally, where the area has been chopped’. Several residents recorded in the 2012 Discovery channel TV series Yukon men. Almost 80% of the population are native Americans, traditionally, the Koyukon speakers Denaakke large Athabaskan languages of the Dene family.
- Midnight Sun Council serves interior and northern Alaska and is headquartered in Fairbanks. Tanana Valley District Bush District Lost Lake Scout Camp
- Yukon Route Seward Peninsula Railway Tanana Mines Railway Tanana Valley Railroad Valdez, Copper River and Tanana Railroad Valdez - Yukon Railroad Wild Goose
- Tanana Chiefs Conference TCC the traditional tribal consortium of the 42 villages of Interior Alaska is based on a belief in tribal self - determination
- Athabaskans. The largest city in the interior is Fairbanks, Alaska s second - largest city, in the Tanana Valley. Other towns include North Pole, just southeast
- 7617861 W 64.8645083 - 147.7617861 The Tanana Valley State Fair is an annual state fair held in College, Alaska United States. The event commences on
- 700 - foot 213 m Mears Memorial Bridge across the Tanana River at Nenana. This was the final link in the Alaska Railroad and at the time, was the second longest
- Kuskokwim or Kolchan Hwt ana Tanana or Lower Tanana Kokht ana Tanacross or Tanana Crossing Koxt een Upper Tanana Koht iin Gwich in or Kutchin
- term. In these early years of settlement, the Tanana Valley was an important agricultural center for Alaska until the establishment of the Matanuska Valley
- Wikidata Alaska starts work on road to Tanana Weather delays completion of road to Tanana until summer 2016 Weather delays completion of road to Tanana until
- CTC formerly Tanana Valley Campus TVC is located in Fairbanks, Alaska CTC is a major academic division of the University of Alaska Fairbanks, offering
- Lower Tanana language is a Home Rule City in the Yukon - Koyukuk Census Area of the Unorganized Borough in the Interior of the U.S. state of Alaska Nenana
Users also searched: