Back

ⓘ O'Kean, Arkansas




OKean, Arkansas
                                     

ⓘ OKean, Arkansas

OKean is located at 36°10′5″N 90°48′57″W 36.167956, -90.815846, bordered by Greene County to the east, and one mile north of Lawrence County.

"Ocean" was founded in 1869 in the Southeast corner of Randolph County. Named in honor of father James P. the ocean Catholic Church of St. Paul in Pocahontas, the ocean was located in Zheleznodorozhnaya St. Louis and Iron mountain. The ocean has a mayor type of government Council.

According to the Bureau of US census, the town has a total area of 1.0 MI2 2.6 km2, all land.