Back

ⓘ Heslar Naval Armory




Heslar Naval Armory
                                     

ⓘ Heslar Naval Armory

Heslar Naval Armory was constructed in 1936 in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, on the shore of White River as a Works Progress Administration construction project. It was designed by architect Ben H. Bacon and reflects an Art Moderne style. Heslar Naval Armory was the home of Naval Operations Support Center Indianapolis, Marine Corps Reserve Center Indianapolis, and Naval Recruiting Station Indianapolis, as well as the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Cruiser Indianapolis Division and the Central Indiana Young Marines of the Marine Corps League. In October 2008 the Indiana Wing Civil Air Patrol, state branch of the US Air Force Auxiliary, moved its headquarters functions and staff to the Armory.

The building and the property legally belongs to the state of Indiana and managed by the Indiana state Armory Commission of the subject of the Indiana National guard, but was leased to the Federal government for use by the United States Navy reserve and marine Corps reserve United States until the beginning of 2015. The facility was converted for use with the opening of riverside high school. Repair of the Armory for use as a school cost 10 million dollars and was completed in June 2018.

                                     
  • wife of Rear Admiral Wilson Brown, Superintendent of the United States Naval Academy, and commissioned on 30 June 1941 with Lieutenant Willard A. Saunders
  • Heslar Naval Armory Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division
  • Heslar Naval Armory Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division
  • Heslar Naval Armory Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division
  • Heslar Naval Armory Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division
  • Bishop Chatard High School Harry Wood Continuing Education Center Heslar Naval Armory Market Square Arena alternates 1972 1997 IUPUI Gymnasium 1982 2014
  • 1936 Construction begins on the city s Naval Reserve Armory Completed in 1938, it is renamed Heslar Naval Armory in 1965. The Sisters of Saint Francis

Users also searched:

...
...
...