Back

ⓘ Smith Park Architectural District




Smith Park Architectural District
                                     

ⓘ Smith Park Architectural District

The Smith Park Architectural District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. It covers an "irregular pattern along N. West and N. Congress Sts. between Capitol St. and State Capitol", in Jackson, Mississippi. The district was increased by a boundary increase on October 29, 1993 which added 225 E. Capitol St., a building built in 1928 that was designed by architect C.H. Lindsley. It was again increased in 2014, including the entire 200 block of East Capitol Street. The centerpieces of the district are Smith Park, the only public square designated when Jackson was platted out in 1822, and the Mississippi Governors Mansion, which stands facing the park.

                                     
  • School District The large government buildings around the park were, like the state capitol, built in the late 19th century. Their architectural styles
  • Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board MPRB is an independent park district that owns, maintains, and programs activities in public parks in Minneapolis
  • Preservation District roughly bound by Kellogg Boulevard, Broadway, 7th Street and Jackson Street. Previously known as Smith Park Park Square, and Baptist
  • from the old Andover train station. Originally known as the Smith Dove mills, the Dundee Park business strip took shape in the 18th century, helping bolster
  • Virginia Park Historic District is located on the north side of New Center, an area in Detroit, Michigan, along both sides of Virginia Park Street from
  • The Center Square Hudson Park Historic District is located between Empire State Plaza and Washington Park in Albany, New York, United States. It is a 27 - block

Users also searched:

...
...
...