Back

ⓘ District Council of Waikerie




District Council of Waikerie
                                     

ⓘ District Council of Waikerie

The District Council of Waikerie was a local government area in South Australia from 1914 to 1997, centring on the town of Waikerie.

It was announced on 19 February 1914, seven members of the Council, consisting of the cadastral hundred of Waikerie and holder. It adopted the ward system in February, 1923, with seven wards each electing one councillor. In 1923 the Board was called "the center, which is one of the best areas of fruit growing in the state," with Waikerie "is relatively new town of rapid growth". This year the Council was responsible for an area of 300.800 acres, with a population estimated at 1.866, including 400 taxpayers, and the value of the property, estimated at £476.700. He initially acted in the office of parish clerk in Waikerie, but opened his own chambers on may 12, 1933.

He received one hundred and Paisley from the district Council Swan is September 7, 1933, that "almost half" of the municipality in size. In 1936, it covers an area of 546.000 acres, with 3.148 acres of irrigated land and 7.291 hectares of dry lands under cultivation, and had a population estimated at 2.916, including 707 taxpayers. This year the capital value of the property assessed in the area of irrigation amounted to £461.000, and around £752.720. July 4, 1960 unincorporated hundred of Markaranka and Pooginook was added to city hall, becoming the new Taylorville parish. A boundary dispute with the district Council Morgan followed, and as hundreds of people were torn from Waikerie and applied to Morgan on April 18, 1963, but returned to Waikerie on 1 July 1965, after further disputes.

The Council took an active part in the local response in the 1956 Murray river flood, which took place in the area. In 1965, he introduced a system of ten wards, each with one councillor, and mayor-elect, city ward subsequently received second counselor in July 1977. 11 April 1980, the Council opened new Council chamber, library and offices. By 1986, the irrigation enterprise in the area was increased to 5.000 hectares, a total of 3002 square kilometers is growing, among other things, almost 50% of stone fruit production from South Australia. This year, the district had a population of 4.700, with 1.700 himself in Waikerie.

The Council ceased to exist on 3 may 1997, when it merged with the district Council and Browns well district Council Loxton to form the district Council of Loxton Waikerie, with Loxton was selected by the new Board.

                                     
  • park. One of the other suggested names was the Emil Lochart Conservation Park which was proposed by the District Council of Loxton Waikerie The name
  • Park, Waikerie Waikerie Memorial Gardens, Waikerie Waikerie Oval, Waikerie Waikerie Pony Club, Waikerie Waikerie Recreation Centre, Waikerie Waikerie Riverfront
  • Pastoral Unincorporated Area of South Australia and partly in the local government area of the District Council of Loxton Waikerie The land use within Taylorville
  • District Council of Loxton, a former local government area in South Australia Loxton disambiguation The Loxton News District Council of Loxton Waikerie
  • Kingston On Murray is in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie the state electoral district of Chaffey and the federal Division of Barker. Kingston Estate
  • The District Council of Karoonda East Murray is a local government area in the Murray Mallee area of South Australia. The main council offices are in Karoonda
  • born in Waikerie South Australia, and was a horticulturalist before entering politics. He was a councillor in the District Council of Waikerie from 1976
  • LGAs, both exceding 100, 000 km2. Other than these Coorong District Council and Loxton Waikerie are the next largest LGAs. The smallest LGA is Walkerville

Users also searched:

...
...
...