Back

ⓘ Rural City of Seymour




Rural City of Seymour
                                     

ⓘ Rural City of Seymour

The Rural City of Seymour was a local government area about 100 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The Rural City covered an area of 945.07 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

                                     
  • the Borough of Eaglehawk, the Rural City of Marong and the Shires of Huntly and Strathfieldsaye, was merged into the newly created City of Greater Bendigo
  • Shires of Arapiles and Wimmera and part of Kowree into the Rural City of Horsham. The City of Horsham was not subdivided into wards, and the 9 councillors
  • proclaimed a city On 18 May 1993, the City of Geelong was abolished, and, along with the Cities of Geelong West and Newtown, the Rural City of Bellarine
  • the Cities of Geelong and Geelong West, the Rural City of Bellarine, the Shire of Corio, and parts of the City of South Barwon and the Shires of Barrabool
  • and, along with the Shires of Mildura and Walpeup, was merged into the newly created Rural City of Mildura. The City of Mildura was not divided into
  • the newly created Rural City of Wangaratta. The city was not divided into wards, and its eight councillors represented the entire city Wangaratta Laceby
  • north east of the city the predominantly low income housing of Brookfield is a three - member ward. Buttressed up against Ribbleton and the rural east, and
  • Shire of Delatite. The Shire of Delatite itself was abolished in 2002, with its former area divided between the Rural City of Benalla and the Shire of Mansfield

Users also searched:

...
...
...