Back

ⓘ City of Echuca




City of Echuca
                                     

ⓘ City of Echuca

The City of Echuca was a local government area of Victoria, Australia, about 200 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital, in the regional centre of Echuca, on the Murray River. The city covered an area of 26.06 square kilometres, and existed from 1865 until 1994.

                                     
  • Prince Charles and the Princess of Wales, Lady Diana at the re - commissioning of the paddle steamer Adelaide Echuca Victoria, 29 October, 1985, 3
  • from the town of Epsom by the Bendigo - Echuca railway line. 2016 Census QuickStats Ascot Greater Bendigo - Vic. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved
  • abolition of the districts of Swan Hill and Rodney. It is centered on the Murray River cities of Swan Hill and Echuca including the towns of Kerang, Lake
  • worked on the Echuca wharf. His friend, bush poet Will Lawson, wrote a poem on his death. Robert M. Bob Anderson c. 1840 13 July 1889 of Mannum, possibly
  • the Moira Ward of Echuca setting the shire s southwestern boundary at the Goulburn River. Some acrimony developed between the towns of Nathalia and Numurkah
  • a separate entity, ultimately known as the City of Shepparton. Shepparton was once part of the vast Echuca Road District, which was formed in 1864 and
  • Nathalia was once part of the vast Echuca Road District, formed in 1864 and a shire from 1871, which extended along the south bank of the Murray River from
  • Major regional centres of the Goulburn Valley are Shepparton, Seymour, Echuca Benalla, Yarrawonga and Kyabram. Aboriginal groups inhabited the Goulburn
  • was once part of the vast Echuca Road District, which formed in 1864 and becoming a shire in 1871. It extended along the south bank of the Murray River
  • Echuca From its source in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range below Red Hill, the Campaspe River rises in the Wombat State Forest northwest of
  • and Echuca was completed in 1887. A short branch line was opened from Shepparton to Dookie in 1888. A tramway, built and operated by the Shire of Tungamah

Users also searched:

...
...
...