Back

ⓘ Borough of Koroit




Borough of Koroit
                                     

ⓘ Borough of Koroit

The Borough of Koroit was a local government area about 18 kilometres northwest of Warrnambool in western Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 23.07 square kilometres immediately to the north of the Tower Hill State Game Reserve, and existed from 1870 until 1985.

It was first registered on October 7, 1870. On June 1, 1985, the district was merged with the Shire Warrnambool as Koroit riding.

                                     
  • Borough of Daylesford was incorporated on 23 September 1859, with an area of 16.23 km2 6.27 sq mi surrounding the town of Daylesford The Shire of
  • centre, the Central Riding was severed, and became the Borough of Benalla, later becoming the City of Benalla, on 26 May 1965. On four occasions 10 April
  • finally the Shire of Bass on 8 January 1929. It was reduced and redefined in 1977, including the loss of North Wonthaggi to the Borough of Wonthaggi. The
  • incorporated as a borough on 24 September 1858, known as the Municipal District of Ararat, headed by chairmen. In 1862 it was declared as a borough and known
  • centre of Echuca, on the Murray River. The city covered an area of 26.06 square kilometres 10.1 sq mi and existed from 1865 until 1994. The Borough of Echuca
  • initially part of the Shire of Wimmera, and was first incorporated as a borough on 17 November 1882. It became a town on 16 November 1932 and was proclaimed
  • 1994, the Shire of Minhamite was abolished, and, along with the Borough of Port Fairy, the Shire of Belfast, parts of the Shires of Dundas, Mortlake
  • Shire of Mortlake was abolished, and, along with the Borough of Port Fairy, the Tower Hill Reserve, the Shires of Belfast and Minhamite, and parts of the
  • Lonsdale shared with the Borough of Queenscliffe Portarlington St Leonards Swan Bay Wallington including the neighbourhood of Fenwick Whittington Estimate
  • October 1915, it absorbed the Borough of Buninyong, which had been created on 15 July 1859. On 6 May 1994, the Shire of Buninyong was abolished, and was

Users also searched:

...
...
...