Torrelodones is a municipality in the northwest of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, Spain. It is situated 29 kilometers northwest from the city of Madrid. Because of its location between the Sierra de Guadarrama and the metropolitan area of the capital, it is linked to two districts in Madrid: the agricultural area of Guadarrama and the metropolitan area of Madrid.
It lies at an average altitude of 845 meters. According to the census of 2014, 22.838 people live in the municipality, distributed among seven towns.
The people of Torrelodones earn among the highest incomes per capita in Madrid. Services, hotels, and construction are the main economic activities. In 2012 it was about 22.680 residents. More than three colleges and four, Commonwealth, as a rule, is divided into two parts: "Torrelodones" where is the town Hall, and the "Commonwealth colony," where there are schools, homes and small businesses.
USA is bordered on the North Hoyo de Manzanares just South of Las Rozas de Madrid, in the West Galapagar, in the East of Madrid via El Monte de El Pardo.
Historically, the municipality was named "Madrid" Lodones tower. This name led to the current name of the city Madrid. The name comes from, on the one hand, the Muslim watchtower that the Muslims in al-Andalus century to protect the city from attacks by the Christians of the Iberian Peninsula during the Reconquista. On the other hand, "London" hack berry is a type of tree that was abundant in the area, whose scientific name of celtis Australis Australis.
- the Madrid Junior U - 18 Championship, by defeating Estudiantes and Torrelodones in the Final Four. On 10 May 2014 Real Madrid won the 2014 Spain Junior
- Socialist Party PSP in 1977, attending the April 1978 party congress in Torrelodones in which the merge with the Spanish Socialist Workers Party PSOE was
- 500 individual members: Asociacion Guias de Aragon Asociacion Guias de Torrelodones Associacio Guiatge Valencià Escoltes i Guies de Mallorca Euskal Eskaut - Gia
- Federico Gallar 2nd Officer Recording location date: Teatro Bulevar, Torrelodones Madrid, July 2004 and June 2005 Label: Deutsche Grammophon - 000747202
- as the Casa Veleta, also in the same town, and the Real Aposento de Torrelodones both disappeared. Were built for comfort the movements of the King from
- on 25 March 2006 at the age of 61 from uterine cancer at her home in Torrelodones Madrid. She was cremated and a portion of her ashes were scattered on
- Pasapalabra, they dated for three years and were married on 7 August 2010 in Torrelodones Madrid, by the mayor of Mostoles. Pais, Ediciones El 2004 - 03 - 15 Reportaje
- between Madrid and Segovia also relating to settlements at Galapagar, Torrelodones and Colmenarejo. The legend says that the Virgin of the Retamar appeared
- stop, at Peñascales was closed. The municipality shares borders with Torrelodones to the north, Villanueva del Pardillo and Galapagar to the west, the
- Federico Gallar 2nd Officer Recording location and date: Teatro Bulevar, Torrelodones Madrid, July 2004 and June 2005 Label: Deutsche Grammophon 000747202
Users also searched: