Back

ⓘ Borough of Sebastopol




Borough of Sebastopol
                                     

ⓘ Borough of Sebastopol

The Borough of Sebastopol was a local government area about 4 kilometres south of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 7.61 square kilometres, and existed from 1864 until 1994.

Sevastopol was registered as a district on 1 Oct 1864. May 6, 1994, near Sevastopol was cancelled and, together with the city of Ballaarat, Shire of Ballarat and parts of the County from the bungaree, Buninyong, Grenville and Ripon, was merged into the newly created city of Ballarat.

                                     
  • became a borough on 1 October 1863, a town on 30 January 1950, and was proclaimed a city on 4 December 1965. On 20 January 1995, the City of Castlemaine
  • Battle of Sebastopol during the Crimean War 1854 56 In 1857, the then Secretary of State, Lord Panmure, offered the cannon to Hartlepool Borough Council
  • of the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The population of the ward at the 2011 Census was 17, 499. Woolwich Common lies on the northern slope of Shooter s Hill
  • father s trade as a plaster. He came to New Zealand in 1863 by the ship Sebastopol and arrived at Lyttelton. After some time spent in looking around the
  • transferred to the borough on 10 April 1956 and 1 February 1964, after which the borough was proclaimed a city, by the Governor of Victoria on 26 May
  • The Borough of Talbot was incorporated on 22 October 1858 with an area of 22.57 km2 8.71 sq mi surrounding the town of Talbot. The Borough of Clunes
  • Majorca Borough established on 28 December 1864 with an area of 20.25 square kilometres 7.82 sq mi which had been known as Craigie Borough until 1876
  • government was starving the Tommy Atkins of that day in the trenches before Sebastopol Sir Edward had a number of vessels engaged as transports. Gourley
  • absorbed two boroughs which had previously been separately governed On 7 October 1870, the Taradale Borough was united, while the Chewton Borough created

Users also searched:

...
...
...