Back

ⓘ Walton's coal incline




                                     

ⓘ Waltons coal incline

The Waltons Coal Incline was a nineteenth-century incline, used to transport coal from a mine mouth just west of West Elizabeth, Pennsylvania to a tipple on pool 2 of the Monongahela River. It crossed the entire width of the Borrough of West Elizabeth, passing over the Pittsburgh, Virginia and Charleston Railway.

                                     
  • the Roa Branch, also known as the Roa Incline Roa was sometimes known as Paparoa. The Blackball Coal Company s mine near Blackball was on the opposite
  • Penwortham Incline In the original Canal documentation see Barritt 2000 the southbound and northbound tracks were referred to as the Limestone and Coal Roads
  • 1932 Troy Hill Incline 1888 1898 West Elizabeth Walton s coal incline O Neil and Company Incline Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain Incline Railway opened
  • the foot of the Denniston Incline The line operated from 1877 until 1967 and existed for the sole purpose of conveying coal from mines to the port of
  • at the start of the branch. Good coal deposits had been discovered in the Paparoa Ranges, and although the Roa Incline was being built on the other side
  • was transported from the mine to the river by Walton s Coal Incline and the O Neil and Company Incline As of the census of 2000, there were 565 people
  • was coal but which was in fact oil shale. Mining began in the 1860 s and a rail line was constructed into the valley of Kerosene Creek. The incline was
  • the incline The train was let down the East Bank to Mason s Arms Crossing at Shildon Lane End, where Locomotion No. 1, Experiment and 21 new coal waggons
  •  192. ISBN 1 - 86950 - 015 - 6. Prebble, Bill Editor 2008 Denniston s Incline Coal from the Clouds. New Zealand Railway and Locomotive Society Incorporated
  • mɪdˈloʊθiən is an unincorporated area in Chesterfield County, Virginia, U. S Settled as a coal town, Midlothian village experienced suburbanization effects and
  • in 2000. The incline formation has now been built over. Evidence of the now dismantled branch can still be sighted, with some of the line s formation visible