Back

ⓘ Franquelin, Quebec




Franquelin, Quebec
                                     

ⓘ Franquelin, Quebec

Franquelin is a municipality in Quebec, Canada, in the administrative region of Cote-Nord in RCM Manicouagan. Its population is 350 people over 530 square kilometres. Franquelin was founded at the foot of Massifs rocks of the Laurentians where impressive cliffs plunge to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence.

The name of the municipality was given in honor of Jean-Baptiste-Louis Franquelin, the first official cartographer for New France. He drew a map of the St. Lawrence river in 1685.

Franquelin came to light in 1911 thanks to the forest industry. The lumber was transported on the rivers on horseback. From there he was sent to paper mills in Thorold, on, and then to Baie-Comeau starting in 1937. Ontario paper company, owned by Colonel Robert R. McCormick, which later became the Quebec North shore paper Co. the necessary paperwork for submission in Chicago Tribune and new York daily news, which also belonged to McCormick.

                                     
  • the Manicouagan Regional County Municipality in the Cote - Nord region of Quebec Canada. It is located on the coast of the Gulf of Saint Lawrence at the
  • Uashat is an Indian reserve in Quebec located adjacent to the city of Sept - Iles. Together with Maliotenam some distance away, it forms the Innu community
  • its mouth at the Chute McDonald, or McDonald Falls. Jean - Baptiste - Louis Franquelin in 1699 followed Rene Belanger in calling the river the Petit Saguenay
  • Jolliet 1645 1700 called the river Pegouasiou, and Jean - Baptiste - Louis Franquelin 1650 1712 called it Pegouachiou, meaning deceptive river probably
  • Jean - Baptiste - Louis Franquelin shows the place named Godebou. The name was made official on 5 December 1968. A map of the Ecological regions of Quebec shows the
  • des Iroquois Iroquois River as shown on maps of Jean - Baptiste - Louis Franquelin in 1699, Guillaume Delisle in 1703, and Jacques - Nicolas Bellin in 1744
  • The Quebec and Ontario Transportation Company was a shipping firm in Canada prior to the opening of the St Lawrence Seaway. her fleet included: Allen Sykes
  • was known as Outakgami. On maps by Jolliet 1684 Jaillot 1685 and Franquelin 1688 the lake was identified as Timagaming. In 1703, the cartographer
  • Ragueneau is a parish municipality in Quebec Canada, on Outardes Bay on the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River. The first settlers arrived in 1920
  • Pointe - Lebel is a village municipality in the Cote - Nord region of Quebec Canada. Its territory makes up the western half of the Manicouagan Peninsula

Users also searched:

...
...
...