ⓘ R211 (New York City Subway car)
The R211 is a future new technology New York City Subway car to be built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries for the B Division and the Staten Island Railway. They will replace all R44 cars on the Staten Island Railway and all R46 subway cars. The order is split into three parts: R211A and R211T cars for the subway and R211S cars for the SIR. The R211Ts will employ open gangways between cars, a feature not present on current rolling stock. The base order consists of 535 cars, with options for up to 1.077 additional cars.
Planning on ordering R211 began in 2011. The design process began in 2012, at which time the order was to consist of the 75-foot-long, 23 m cars. The length of the cars was changed to 60 feet 18 meters by 2015, and the first request for proposals was requested in July 2016. After several changes in the proposal, the Metropolitan transportation authority MTA has awarded a contract to Kawasaki in January 2018. Vehicles must be delivered between 2020 and 2023. They will contain new features such as wider doors, information screens, Wi-Fi, LED-lit apertures, open passageways, and led interior lighting.
- bus routes in New York City United States. Generally, express routes operated by MTA Bus Company or Academy Bus under contract to the city Economic Development
- City Island is a neighborhood in the Bronx, New York City located on an island of the same name approximately 1.5 miles 2.4 km long by 0.5 miles 0
- Allegations of misconduct and corruption have occurred in the history of the New York City Police Department NYPD Over 12, 000 such cases resulted in lawsuit
- of the New York City Subway located at the intersection of Bay Ridge Avenue and Fourth Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. It is served by the R train at
- Chicago portal Transport portal Trains portal R211 New York City Subway car MPM - 10 Montreal Metro car Toronto Rocket British Rail Class 345 London
- modified R 44 New York City Subway cars there is no direct rail link between the SIR and the subway system. SIR riders receive a free transfer to New York City
- serving the northern parts of the New York metropolitan area. It also contains a connection to the New York City Subway at Grand Central 42nd Street station
- sometimes abbreviated UWS, is a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan, New York City bounded by Central Park and the Hudson River, and West 59th Street
- the New York City area as the City is the most densely populated of the five boroughs of New York City and coextensive with the County of New York one
- during the mid - 19th century. The arrival of the New York City Subway s Fourth Avenue Line present - day R train in the early 20th century led to its development
Users also searched: