ⓘ De Smet, Idaho

De Smet, Idaho

ⓘ De Smet, Idaho

De Smet is an unincorporated census-designated place in the northwestern United States, located on the Coeur dAlene Reservation in Benewah County, Idaho.

USA 95, the route passes nearby and the community is approximately one mile 1.6 km South of tensed, initially Temsed De Smet backwards. De Smet has a post office with zip code 83824. According to the 2010 census, its population was 175, and its height is about 2.600 feet 790 m above sea level.

He was named after the Belgian Catholic priest Pierre de Smet, a 19th century Jesuit missionary. He worked with the Coeur dalene and other indigenous peoples of Western North America most of his life, periodically returning to his Chapter based in St. Louis, Missouri.

  • De Smet or Desmet may refer to: De Smet surname De Smet South Dakota, a town in Kingsbury County, South Dakota, United States De Smet Idaho a town
  • Pierre - Jean De Smet 30 January 1801 23 May 1873 also known as Pieter - Jan De Smet was a Belgian Catholic priest and member of the Society of Jesus
  • Pierre - Jean De Smet S.J., a Belgian missionary, was appointed to minister to them. The first Mass in Idaho was thus celebrated by Fr. De Smet on 22 July
  • the Coeur d Alene and Catholic missionaries. In 1842, Father Pierre - Jean De Smet with Fr. Nicholas Point and Br. Charles Duet, selected a mission location
  • 2010. Mike Prager February 3, 2011 Historic school building burns in De Smet Spokesman - Review. Merle W. Wells March 26, 1975 National Register
  • Pierre - Jean De Smet who was active with the Coeur d Alene nation, but the post office requested a change as that name was taken by nearby De Smet The name
  • He and his siblings grew up on the Coeur d Alene Reservation near De Smet Idaho Their father, Charles, played fiddle and called square dances, and
  • as of 2016 Presidential elections results Plummer St. Maries Tensed De Smet Parkline Alder Creek Benewah Cardwell Chatcolet Emida Fernwood Flat Creek
  • of Idaho s oldest structure commenced with construction of the mission church being completed by 1855. The mission headquarters was moved to De Smet in