Mazarron is a municipality in the autonomous community and province of Murcia, southeastern Spain. The municipality has an area of 318.7 square kilometres, and a population of 31.562 inhabitants in 2019. A military fort built between 1930 and 1936 during the reign of Alfonso XIII of Spain and the Second Spanish Republic exists as a tourist attraction on the old road between Mazarron and Cartagena, and although it is accessible from the Bay of Mazarron it is not in the municipality itself.
The Bay of Mazarron is protected by the last foothills of the Sierra de La Almenara, a mining area minerals since the days of Carthage. Over 35 km of beaches, unspoiled coves and rocky bottom. In view of the nature of the surrounding rocks, however, the beach at Bolnuevo is of coarse grit, like most beaches in this part of the coast.
Torre de Los Caballos at the peak of Los Caballos was built to protect the city from pirates of the mid 16th to early 18th centuries.
Economic development in the early 20th century led to the construction of iconic buildings in the style known as Murcian modernism, including the mazarron town Hall and the former cultural attractions.
The guns in Cartagena were built to defend the vital port of Cartagena in the 20th century, these guns alongside the Fort and other coastal structures, stand 56 feet in length, weighing 88 tons each and being able to fire at a distance of about 20 miles.
- UD Puçol, CD La Oliva, UD Almeria B, CD Toledo, CD Olimpic de Xàtiva, Mazarron CF, CD La Muela his first Segunda Division B experience, with the 2010 11
- Aguilas, Puerto Lumbreras, Totana, Alhama de Murcia, Librilla, Aledo and Mazarron The electoral system used the D Hondt method and a closed - list proportional
- as a defender, and most recently the manager of CF Salmantino. Born in Mazarron Murcia, Campos graduated with Real Murcia s youth setup, and made his
- programme, and appearing on various television shows. In 1998, he moved to Mazarron Spain, to concentrate on writing his first novel. He was running Pulpo
- the time of her wreck she was carrying a cargo of iron ore and salt from Mazarron Spain to Antwerp. Regardless of the efforts made to save the ship, it
- quite religious buildings and the paths to Murcia, Cartagena, Lorca and Mazarron In Triana, there were the salaried workers dwellings. Throughout the 16th
- ciencia ficcion Badalona 2011. XXVII Story Contest Villa de Mazarron - Antonio Segado del Olmo Mazarron 2011 XIV Certamen de Relato Corto de Altorricon Altorricon
Users also searched: