Back

ⓘ Ohrdorf




Ohrdorf
                                     

ⓘ Ohrdorf

The village of Ohrdorf lies in the north German state of Lower Saxony in the district of Gifhorn and belongs to the borough of Wittingen.

The village takes its name from the river Ohre, which rises near the village and empties into the Elbe North of Magdeburg. In East German times, the state border ran down the centre of the ohře river near the village. The nearest settlement on the East German side was Haselhorst, but it was no longer available after the 1950-ies, and the road was not reopened until 1990.

Church. Lawrence Church, built in 1235, is a limestone Church and a Gothic polyptych from 1470. According to legend, the altar was intended for the Church in Wittingen. The wagon on which the altar was carried, struck the wheel in Ohrdorf, an incident that residents exploit in order to force a drunk driver to take the altar of his Church. The pulpit dates back to 1700, the ceiling paintings in 1711.

To the North of Ohrdorf residential windmill.

                                     
  • Retrieved 19 August 2015. Die Ohrdorfer Windmuhle in German Stadt Ohrdorf Retrieved 19 August 2015. Lernen sie uns kennen in German Oldenburger
  • Wahrenholz 05836 Radenbeck 05837 Sprakensehl 05838 GroS Oesingen 05839 Ohrdorf 0584 05840 Schnackenburg 05841 Luchow 05842 Schnega 05843 Wustrow Wendland
  • Gannerwinkel Glusingen Hagen Kakerbeck Knesebeck Kustorf Luben Mahnburg Ohrdorf Plastau Rade Radenbeck Schneflingen Stocken Suderwittingen Teschendorf
  • Koop, Lisa 6 ft 6 in 1.98 m G 8 Bland, Rachael 5 ft 9 in 1.75 m G 12 Ohrdorf Georgia 6 ft 0 in 1.83 m G 14 Chukwu - Etu, Orieoma G 16 Arnold, Mollie

Users also searched:

...
...
...