Back

ⓘ St. Barbara's Chapel, Meran




St. Barbaras Chapel, Meran
                                     

ⓘ St. Barbaras Chapel, Meran

The Chapel of St. Barbara is a chapel located in the town of Meran in South Tyrol, northern Italy.

The chapel stands right behind St. Nicholas Church, Meran. The layout of the chapel is octagonal. It was built by the architect Hans von Burghausen in 1450, who also designed the temple.

The Church served as the burial chapel of the city for many centuries until the cemetery was moved to another location in 1848.

The basement was the vault, although on the ground floor was used for religious rites and prayers. It has some wooden benches and wooden Gothic altar, flanked by two altars from the Baroque period. Near the entrance is the painting of St. Christopher.

                                     
  • church is St Barbara s Chapel Andergassen, Leo. Die Stadt - Pfarrkirche St Nikolaus in Meran Tappeiner, 1994. Media related to St Nikolaus Meran at Wikimedia
  • 10 February 1840 by William Howley, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in the Chapel Royal of St James s Palace in Westminster London Albert died fourteen - and - a - half
  • chapels were named in her honour, connecting her to Saint Elisabeth. Various parks were named after her, such as the Empress Elisabeth Park in Meran
  • Erkinger born 1933 archaeologist G1. Jan born 1963 Captain in the U. S Navy G2. Alexandr born 1971 H1. Karl Philipp born 2003 D2. Friedrich

Users also searched:

...
...
...