Borjomi is a brand of naturally carbonated mineral water from springs in the Borjomi Gorge of central Georgia. The artesian springs in the valley are fed by water that filters from glaciers covering the peaks of the Bakuriani mountains at altitudes of up to 2.300 m. The water rises to the surface without pumping and is transported by pipes to two bottling plants in the town of Borjomi. The Borjomi springs were discovered by the Imperial Russian military in the 1820s. They were made famous throughout the Russian Empire, making Borjomi a popular tourist destination. The history of the brand ...
Jermuk is a bottled mineral water originating from the town of Jermuk in Vayots Dzor Province, Armenia. The water has been bottled since 1951. Currently, the brand is bottled and produced by the Jermuk Group CJSC, founded in 1999 in Jermuk, and is classified into 2 categories: Jermuk Classic mineral carbonated water, and Jermuk Millennium mineral mildly carbonated water. In 2015-16 the factory of "Jermuk Mayr Gortsaran" founded in 1951 was acquired by the Jermuk Group.
Nabeghlavi is a mineral water from Georgia. Georgian-Swiss joint stock company" Healthy Water” produces famous mineral water" Nabeghlavi” and spring water" Bakhmaro.” The company was founded in 1997 and by now is a leader of the local mineral water market. The new-found company’s prime goal was to restore long time tradition of bottling Nabeghlavi mineral water and it was successfully gained. Thus, the story of establishing" Healthy Water” company leads back to the history of water Nabeghlavi. Bottling of Nabeghlavi mineral water was initiated in 1958, following the establishment of a heal ...
Ein Gedi Mineral Water is a brand of bottled water that has been in production since 1997. It is Israels third most popular brand of bottled water, capturing 17% of the market in the country. The water used in its production comes from the Ein Gedi nature reserve. In the wake of a deal signed in 2004, the company is jointly owned by Ein Gedi Kibbutz and Jafora-Tabori. This came as a result of a deal made in 2004. A boycott of Ein Gedi water was proposed out of concern that its production could result in the Ein Gedi oasis drying up.
Sairme is a brand of naturally carbonated mineral water from springs of Sairme balneological resort area in Imereti region. The sources of water are located 55 kilometres 34 mi from Kutaisi in the territory of Baghdati municipality, in Tsablarastskali River gorge the left feeder of Khanistskali River on the northern slope of the Meskheti Ridge. Sairme is at an elevation of 915 metres 3.002 ft in a gorge cut by the Tsablaristskali River. Summers are moderately warm with an average July temperature of 17 °C and winters are mild with an average January temperature of –1 °C. Precipitation tota ...
ⓘ Mineral water
Mineral water is water from a mineral spring that contains various minerals, such as salts and sulfur compounds. Mineral water may usually be still or sparkling according to the presence or absence of added gases.
Traditionally, mineral waters were used or consumed at their spring sources, often referred to as "taking the waters" or "taking the cure," at places such as spas, baths, or wells. The term spa was used for a place where the water was consumed and bathed in; bath where the water was used primarily for bathing, therapeutics, or recreation; and well where the water was to be consumed.
Today, it is far more common for mineral water to be bottled at the source for distributed consumption. Travelling to the mineral water site for direct access to the water is now uncommon, and in many cases not possible because of exclusive commercial ownership rights. There are more than 4.000 brands of mineral water commercially available worldwide.
The more calcium and magnesium ions that are dissolved in water, the harder it is said to be; water with few dissolved calcium and magnesium ions is described as being soft.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies mineral water as water containing at least 250 parts per million total dissolved solids TDS, originating from a geologically and physically protected underground water source. No minerals may be added to this water. In many places, however, the term "mineral water" is colloquially used to mean any bottled carbonated water or soda water, as opposed to tap water.
In the European Union, bottled water may be called mineral water when it is bottled at the source and has undergone no or minimal treatment. Permitted is the removal of iron, manganese, sulfur and arsenic through decantation, filtration or treatment with ozone-enriched air, in so far as this treatment does not alter the composition of the water as regards to the essential constituents which give it its properties. No additions are permitted except for carbon dioxide, which may be added, removed or re-introduced by exclusively physical methods. No disinfection treatment is permitted, nor is the addition of any bacteriostatic agents.
- LaMoreaux, Philip E.; Tanner, Judy T, eds. 2001, Springs and bottled water of the world: Ancient history, source, occurrence, quality and use, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer-Verlag, ISBN 3-540-61841-4, retrieved 13 July 2010
- Ambo Mineral Water is a brand of naturally - carbonated bottled mineral water sourced from the springs in Ambo Senkele, near the town of Ambo in central
- Verna Natural Mineral Water is a brand of bottled water from the Twellium Industrial Company, produced and marketed primarily in Ghana, and considered
- especial, since it is very rare. Similar ones are noted about a Norway mineral water only. Regarding to the curing effects the Mohai Agnes is good for respiratory
- worldwide known brand of mineral water trademark of Radenska company. It is one of the oldest Slovenian brands. Development of mineral water company started at
- Lithia water is defined as a type of mineral water characterized by the presence of lithium salts as lithium carbonate or lithium chloride Natural
- giving the water an effervescent quality. Common forms include sparkling natural mineral water club soda, and commercially produced sparkling water Club
- water is drinking water e.g., well water distilled water mineral water or spring water packaged in plastic or glass water bottles. Bottled water
- The Mineral Water Bowl is an annual American NCAA Division II college football bowl game between teams from the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
- frontage of its building still reads Royal Mineral Water Hospital. Thus it is known locally as The Mineral Hospital or The Min The hospital moved
Users also searched:
perrier mineral water, types of mineral water,