Back

ⓘ Shafter, Nevada




Shafter, Nevada
                                     

ⓘ Shafter, Nevada

Shafter was founded in 1906 as a siding for the Nevada Northern Railway. Before being called Shafter, it was known as Bews. It was renamed Shafter in 1907, when the Western Pacific Railroads Feather River Route arrived. The community was named after William Rufus Shafter, a prominent U.S. officer during the Spanish–American War. Around 40 inhabitants lived there. The town had a school, which closed in 1932, and a post office, which shut in 1959, signalling the death of the town. Today, only foundations of buildings remain. Although the town is abandoned, this particular section of the railroad is still called the Shafter Subdivision.

                                     
  • Butte is the name of a ghost town and nearby mountain peak in Clark County, Nevada Both are protected as part of the Gold Butte National Monument, managed
  • 233 at Oasis. The Nevada Northern Railroad traverses the valley north from Ely and intersects the Western Pacific Railroad at Shafter and continues on
  • desert drainage basin, one of four major nuclear test regions within the Nevada Test Site NTS and is divided into nine test sections: Areas 1 through
  • United States. Nevada calls itself the Silver State. Nevada is the nation s second - largest producer of silver, after Alaska. In 2014 Nevada produced 10
  • Pine Range of White Pine County in the easte central of the U.S. states of Nevada Hamilton is situated at the northern base of the hill while Treasure City
  • Gold Point, Nevada is a well preserved ghost town in Esmeralda County, Nevada The community was named after the local gold - mining industry. Gold Point
  • by 16 miles 26 km block of land abutting the northeast boundary of the Nevada National Security Site. Project 57 was a combination safety test. The high
  • Shafter Research Station is an agricultural research station in Shafter in the San Joaquin Valley, within Kern County, California. The station, which
  • Lyon County, Nevada United States. Declared a National Historic Landmark in 1961, the district is one of only six in the state of Nevada Virginia City
  • County, Nevada The state park covers more than 1, 100 acres 450 ha at an elevation of 7, 000 feet 2, 100 m on the western slope of central Nevada s Shoshone

Users also searched:

...
...
...