Back

ⓘ District Council of Brown's Well




District Council of Browns Well
                                     

ⓘ District Council of Browns Well

The District Council of Browns Well was a local government area in South Australia from 1916 to 1997. The name stemmed from the Browns Well pastoral station, which was located near the council seat of Paruna. Meetings were also held on a regular basis in the institute at Alawoona, which was the districts major centre.

It was announced on 16 November 1916 and held its first meeting on December 16. The area was formerly part of the district Council of Loxton. The first Council chamber was a ten by ten shed, and it was reported that there were "no roads and very little chopped down the tracks" and "the population of the whole area is very small."

Permanent Council of the chambers building was opened in may 1929. In 1935 the Board had a total population of 1.100, 85 kilometers of main roads and 409 km of District roads. In 1936, it consisted of hundreds of cadastral Allen, Kekwick and McGorrery, with a land plot with total area of 340.800 hectares, an increase from the initial announcement. The main cities were Paruna, Alawoona, Cobera is now included in Alawoona, Malpas, Meribah, and Veitch. It was divided into six wards: North-East, South-East, North, South, South-West and North-West.

Most of the area was an isolated country Mallee that havent opened in 1930. In 1932, it was reported that Councils road construction works was large enough that there was "no one in the entire area which was unemployed".

The Council ceased to exist on 3 may 1997, when it merged with the district Council Loxton and district Council of Waikerie in the form of the district Council of Loxton Waikerie.

The Browns also tips the former Board was re-opened in the Council offices at Loxton March 2016, after announcing his recovery from a former Browns good counselor.

                                     
  • Elections to Arun District Council were held on Thursday 5 May 2011 to elect members to the council The incumbent Conservative administration won an
  • Wychavon District Council election took place on 1 May 2003 to elect members of Wychavon District Council in Worcestershire, England. The whole council was
  • as the District Council of George Town, encompassing the cadastral Hundred of Bundaleer. The District Councils Act 1887 expanded the council in two directions
  • The District Council of Carrieton was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Carrieton from 1888 until 1997. The council was
  • Huntingdonshire District Council election took place on 3 May 2007 to elect members of Huntingdonshire District Council in Cambridgeshire, England. One third of the
  • Huntingdonshire District Council election took place on 5 May 2011 to elect members of Huntingdonshire District Council in Cambridgeshire, England. One third of the
  • Wakefield Metropolitan Borough Council election took place on 3 May 2018 to elect members of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council in England. The election
  • Wells wɛlz is a cathedral city and civil parish in the Mendip district of Somerset, on the southern edge of the Mendip Hills. Although the population
  • Huntingdonshire District Council election took place on 3 May 2012 to elect members of Huntingdonshire District Council in Cambridgeshire, England. One third of the
  • District Council of Burra The District Council of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1935. The council was proclaimed on

Users also searched:

...
...
...