Back

ⓘ District Council of Spalding




District Council of Spalding
                                     

ⓘ District Council of Spalding

The District Council of Spalding was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Spalding. It was proclaimed on 30 July 1885 by Governor William C. F. Robinson, comprising the Hundreds of Reynolds and Andrews as far south as the northern boundary of Euromina. It followed significant agitation by residents for a local municipality, with the boundaries having been the subject of some dispute.

In the 1920-ies, the Council was responsible for construction and full funding of the bridge over the river Broughton. On 21 March 1935, after the abolition of the district Council of Hutt river and Hill and the division of tips among others, Spalding has acquired the remaining hundreds of Andrews. In 1936, the municipality said cover 240 square miles, and has been described as "one of the most prosperous districts in the state." The Council was divided into four branches: Central, North and South two counselors and one counselor Spaulding.

The Council held public screenings for many years. She worked at the former Spaulding hospital in surgery for visiting doctors, and was involved in the construction of the soldiers war memorial and bowling club. In 1984, he opened a mobile library to replace the library of the Institute. In 1985, the Council issued a centennial history: a century: the district Council Spalding 1885-1985, followed a pictorial history of Spalding and district in 1991.

In 1986, the Council covers a mainly rural area of 525 square kilometers, with a population of 550, 250 of them in the village itself Spaulding. The population of the region declined from 1.100 in the 1920s and 705 in 1965. The main primary production in the region were grains, mainly barley and oats production and sheep district Council Spalding existed prior to may 3, 1997, when it was merged with the district Council of Jamestown, and the district Council of rocky river in the form of a Council for Northern areas.

                                     
  • January 1888 as one of the new councils created under the District Councils Act 1887 under the name of the District Council of Broughton. At its creation
  • District Council of Woolundunga was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 until 1933. It was created on 5 January 1888 as the District
  • The District Council of Port Broughton was a local government area in South Australia from 1892 to 1997 seated at the town of Port Broughton. It was proclaimed
  • District Council of Barmera The District Council of Barmera formerly the District Council of Cobdogla was a local government area in the Australian
  • The District Council of Lameroo was a local government area in South Australia from 1908 until 1997. For the first eleven years of the council s history
  • Elloe and Spalding whilst Holbeach, Long Sutton, Spalding and Sutton Bridge became urban districts The extent of Holland County Council the pre - 1974
  • The District Council of Carrieton was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Carrieton from 1888 until 1997. The council was
  • The District Council of Lefevre s Peninsula was a local government area in South Australia centred on the Lefevre Peninsula from 1872 to 1884. The council
  • District Council of Burra The District Council of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1935. The council was proclaimed on
  • The District Council of Kanyaka was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1888 to 1969. The council was established on 5 January

Users also searched:

...
...
...