Back

ⓘ District Council of Belalie




District Council of Belalie
                                     

ⓘ District Council of Belalie

The District Council of Belalie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 11 November 1875, and initially comprised most of the cadastral Hundred of Belalie, including its central town of Jamestown. Jamestown itself had originally been planned to be named Belalie when surveyed, while the town had been renamed, the Belalie name was retained for the council. It was divided into five wards at its inception with one councillor each, the first councillors for each being appointed by proclamation. The South-East and South-West wards had been replaced by the Yarcowie and Yongala wards by 1893.

25 Jul 1878 in Jamestown was separated from Belalie Council with the creation of corporate Jamestown, Belalie as completely leaving the parish with the cities within its borders. He got a hundred Vit and remains a rural part of the hundred of Belalie, in accordance with the Law on district councils 1887. The Council continued based in Jamestown, although it is not part of the municipality, and built new offices on the street of Ayr in 1900.

In 1923, the Council is a pastoral and agricultural district 124.629 acres, including a government forest reserve in Bundaleer North. This year it had a population of 1.184, 292 of them are taxpayers living in 259 houses, with capital value of the property, estimated to be £455.560. The municipality purchased the area around Bundaleer springs from regional Council Gladstone on July 16, 1925. The Council ceased to exist on 21 March 1935: the vast majority of Belalie part of the district Council of Caltowie Mannanarie and hundreds of abolished district Council in addition to form a new district Council of Jamestown, while a small area of Belalie merged into the district Council of Hallett.

                                     
  • District Council of Burra The District Council of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1935. The council was proclaimed on
  • The District Council of Kanyaka was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1888 to 1969. The council was established on 5 January
  • The District Council of Birkenhead was a local government area in South Australia centred on the suburb of Birkenhead. It was gazetted on 22 February 1877
  • The District Council of Hawker was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1997, centred on the town of Hawker. At its creation it was
  • The District Council of Millicent formerly the District Council of Mayurra was a local government area in South Australia seated at Millicent. According
  • The District Council of Yongala was a local government area in South Australia from 1883 to 1935, seated at Yongala. The council was established on 8 March
  • District Council of Sedan formerly District Council of Keyneton and Swan Reach was a local government area in South Australia seated at the town of
  • The District Council of Swan Reach formerly District Council of Blanchetown was a local government area in the Murraylands of South Australia from 1888
  • The District Council of Blyth - Snowtown established as the District Council of Blyth and Snowtown was a local government area in South Australia from
  • The District Council of Glanville was a local government area in South Australia from 1864 to 1888. It was first proclaimed on 14 July 1864. A month later

Users also searched:

...
...
...