Back

ⓘ District Council of Booyoolie




District Council of Booyoolie
                                     

ⓘ District Council of Booyoolie

The District Council of Booyoolie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 2 March 1876 and comprised the entire cadastral Hundred of Booyoolie. It included at its inception the government town of Booyoolie, North Gladstone, Laura and Stone Hut. It was divided into five wards, each electing one councillor. In September 1876, the council decided to construct a council office and chamber at Laura.

The town of Booyoolie was selected and attached to the district Council of Yangya in 1879, and in the wider southern part of the Council was added to the renamed regional Council Gladstone on 12 Aug 1880, in each case after the statement from local residents. Already significantly reduced in size due to the change of the Gladstone region, the area has lost a significant part of its remaining taxpayers when the town of Laura, is divided as a corporate town Laura on June 22, 1882, leaving him represent almost entirely rural. As their office is within the boundaries of the new municipality of Lora, he became the subject of a dispute about ownership, however, Booyoolie Council continued to meet at Laura. In Booyoolie Council to collaborate with street Herbert office for many years, but by 1920-th years, the Council offices were located in Hughes, opposite Laura court.

Offer enterprises 1931 suggested that the corporate town of Lora, the district Council of Gladstone, the corporate town of Gladstone and part of the district Council of Caltowie should merge into a much larger Booyoolie Council, but this was abandoned after local opposition. The Council ceased to exist on may 1, 1932, when, on a much smaller merge, it was merged with the corporate town of Laura to form the district Council of Laura.

                                     
  • The District Council of Millicent formerly the District Council of Mayurra was a local government area in South Australia seated at Millicent. According
  • The District Council of Blyth - Snowtown established as the District Council of Blyth and Snowtown was a local government area in South Australia from
  • District Council of Sedan formerly District Council of Keyneton and Swan Reach was a local government area in South Australia seated at the town of
  • The District Council of Swan Reach formerly District Council of Blanchetown was a local government area in the Murraylands of South Australia from 1888
  • The District Council of Yongala was a local government area in South Australia from 1883 to 1935, seated at Yongala. The council was established on 8 March
  • The District Council of Glanville was a local government area in South Australia from 1864 to 1888. It was first proclaimed on 14 July 1864. A month later
  • The District Council of Brown s Well was a local government area in South Australia from 1916 to 1997. The name stemmed from the Brown s Well pastoral
  • The District Council of Spalding was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Spalding. It was proclaimed on 30 July 1885 by
  • The District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1969 to 1997. The Council came into existence on
  • The District Council of Coglin was a local government area in South Australia. It came into operation on 5 January 1888 under the provisions of the District
  • District Council of Kadina The District Council of Kadina was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1984. It was established by the District

Users also searched:

...
...
...