Back

ⓘ Munroe station (MBTA)




Munroe station (MBTA)
                                     

ⓘ Munroe station (MBTA)

Munroe was a railroad depot in the Munroe Hill neighbourhood of Lexington, Massachusetts, serving the Lexington Branch of the MBTA Commuter Rail system. The depot was located near Munroe Tavern. The station was opened sometime before 1904 and demolished in 1959. It was rebuilt in 1962. It was acquired by the town of Bedford in 1963 and acquired by the MBTA in 1964. It was then used until January 10, 1977, when a snowstorm blocked the line, the following day, the MBTA announced that service on the Lexington Branch would not resume.