Back

ⓘ Corporate Town of Murray Bridge




                                     

ⓘ Corporate Town of Murray Bridge

The Corporate Town of Murray Bridge was a local government area in South Australia from 1924 to 1977.

It was created in February, 1924, when the city of Joondalup has been allocated from the district Council of Mobilong, among them a Council seat and the largest city and registered as its own municipality. It was divided into four branches at its creation, each of which is elected by two advisers. Maurice ward, who was Chairman of the Mobilong Council, was appointed the first mayor of Murray bridge. Two of the Council subsequently agreed that the city Council would inherit the existing town Hall Murray bridge in exchange for providing for the construction of new offices for Mobilong Board in bridge street.

Councils early years saw the purchase of roadmaking equipment, the construction of indoor pools, dressing and shelter sheds on the river foreshore, and ongoing management of the reserve is erased and the long island campgrounds. He played a role in the supply of electricity in the city for many years, the original power distribution in private, generated by the Murray bridge supply company, taking the plant in late 1944, before selling object in South Australia the electricity trust in 1948. Was started in 1967, and underground storm drain system implemented in 1969 the free public library loan service.

It ceased to exist on 4 April 1977, when it merged with the district Council of Mobilong to the formation of the district Council of Murray bridge, later renamed the rural city of Murray bridge. The rapid growth of Murray bridge saw the town expanded in the area controlled by the district Council, as well as related development issues strengthen the case for unification.

                                     
  • in South Australia Rural City of Murray Bridge a local government area in South Australia Corporate Town of Murray Bridge a former local government area
  • District Council of Murray Bridge with the amalgamation of the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge and the surrounding District Council of Mobilong. It was
  • the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge effectively renaming the township. In 1977 the two local councils recombined as the District Council of Murray Bridge
  • 1924, it lost the town of Murray Bridge as the Murray Bridge Ward of the council was severed to form the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge thereafter it
  • House of Assembly seat of Murray from 1953 to 1956 for the Liberal and Country League. In local politics, he was mayor of the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge
  • proclaimed under Crown Lands Act 1929 and to be managed by the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge On 1 September 1966, it was proclaimed as a fauna sanctuary
  • bringing local government to the hundred. From 1924 to 1977 the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge formed a second separate local government body within the hundred
  • subsequently chairman of the Mobilong council from 1915 until 1924, and then the first mayor of the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge from 1924 until 1927
  • The Corporate Town of Peterborough was a local government area in South Australia centred on the town of Peterborough. It came into existence on 7 October
  • amalgamation of Mobilong council with the Corporate Town of Murray Bridge Bremer River South Australia Lands administrative divisions of South Australia