Back

ⓘ Corporate Town of Burra




Corporate Town of Burra
                                     

ⓘ Corporate Town of Burra

The Corporate Town of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1969.

The municipality was declared on 29 June 1876 the following necessary treatment of residents in the cities of Aberdeen, Kooringa and Redruth, severing the area from the new district Council of Burra. It was divided into three chambers since its inception: the North ward, Middle ward and South ward. The proclamation of the name of Philip lane as the first mayor, George and Sarah and August, on the map North ward, Robert Sanders and Edward Lipsett middle ward, and Joseph Roberts, and John Snell South ward as first counselor. It first met on 10 July, and established the Council of the Institute of Burra. The creation of the burra Corporation followed a failed attempt in 1875 the inhabitants of the Northern towns of Aberdeen, and Redruth, to form your own Corporation.

The municipality used the shaft of the Bon accord mine as its water supply from 1884 to 1905. In 1911, the Council initiated a public Fund for the construction of the historic Market square rotunda in honor of king Edward VII. In 1945 a Committee of the Institute Berra gave the building of the Council, who renamed it the city of Burr hall and began showing films in the hall to pay the debt. Hospital Berra was also vested in the Council, although separately managed.

He voluntarily merged with the surrounding district Council of Burra in 1969, who added three member Ward town in the former municipality.

                                     
  • The Corporate Town of Gladstone was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Gladstone. It was proclaimed on 8 March 1883, separating
  • The Corporate Town of Jamestown was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Jamestown. It was proclaimed on 25 July 1878, severing
  • The City of Kensington and Norwood, originally the Corporate Town of Kensington and Norwood, was a local government area in South Australia from 1853
  • Corporate Town of Murray Bridge was a local government area in South Australia from 1924 to 1977. It was established in February 1924, when the town of
  • of Brighton was a local government area in South Australia seated at the Adelaide sea - side township of Brighton from 1858 until 1997. The Corporate Town
  • the District Council of Campbelltown, and when the western part of the Stepney council was severed to form the Corporate Town of St Peters on 30 August
  • The Town of Thebarton was a local government area of South Australia from 1883 until 1997. It was seated at the village of Thebarton, now an inner west
  • town of Jamestown, where he remained for many years, and when the Corporate Town of Jamestown was proclaimed in 1878, Lake served as their first town

Users also searched:

...
...
...