Back

ⓘ Corporate Town of Kadina




Corporate Town of Kadina
                                     

ⓘ Corporate Town of Kadina

The council was proclaimed on 31 July 1872, following a 200-strong public meeting in May and subsequent petition to the government. The boundaries of the municipality were defined as Eliza Terrace, Julia Terrace, Lindsay Terrace, Doswell Terrace, Sophia Terrace, Cameron Terrace and Frances Terrace. It was divided into four wards at its inception: Elder Ward, Hughes Ward, Stirling Ward and Taylor Ward. The proclamation named Thomas Herne Hall as the first mayor, and Thomas Cornish and James Martin Elder, R. W. Bawden and R. S. Haddy Hughes, Thomas Tregoweth and John Rundle Stirling and William Harris and John Tonkin Taylor as the first councillors. The council meetings were initially held in Halls store.

In 1883, the new Council had a scheme of landscaping in Victoria square, replacing the "true eyes" that existed in advance. The Council acquired the Institute Kadina in 1889 after a Committee of the Institute struggled to make mortgage payments in 1883 the addition of the hall and then the building became the town hall, Kadina. June 23, 1908, the Council became the first municipality in South Australia to be powered by its own electric lighting plant.

May 3, 1917, he annexed the neighboring area Kadina South, in the area South of the railway, which had previously controlled the district Council of Kadina and do not have enough city Council municipal services. In may 1932, he took over the management of the cemetery Kadina from the former Board of Trustees. In 1936, he was responsible for an area of 1.030 acres with a capital value of £542.880. The Council will continue to have responsibility for electricity in the city until 1950-ies, when the city plant was transferred to the energy Fund of South Australia.

By 1968, there was support for the merger with the surrounding municipalities as to the development of the city has reached the limits of municipal boundaries, as well as historic Kadina suburb of Jerusalem, Jericho, New town Wallaroo mines were across the border in the district Council of Kadina, which completely surrounded the city. The discussion of the merger in 1969, 1970 and 1972 was unsuccessful, but after the city Council trying to Annex, not in the suburbs, an agreement was reached on unification of the two councils Kadina in September 1876. The Council held its last meeting on April 4, 1977, before to merge the district Council of Kadina.

                                     
  • The Corporate Town of Quorn was a local government area in South Australia from 1883 to 1969, centred on the town of Quorn. It was incorporated on 25 October
  • The Corporate Town of Davenport was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1887 to 1932 on land now located within the suburb of Port
  • The Corporate Town of Semaphore was a local government area in South Australia. It was created on 20 December 1883, and re - gazetted on 17 January 1884
  • Corporate Town of Burra The Corporate Town of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1969. The municipality was proclaimed
  • grower at Paradise. In January 1922, he bought E. J. Woodroffe s store in Kadina and operated it as W. Parsons Co. until closing the business in December
  • REPORT The Kadina And Wallaroo Times. LXXXVI 8388 South Australia. 5 May 1950. p. 2. Retrieved 20 September 2017 via National Library of Australia
  • of Brighton. When first proclaimed, the corporate town extended over sections 184, 204 and 205 of the Hundred of Noarlunga. At the time, section 204 was
  • in 1865 and ultimately amalgamated into the district council. The Corporate Town of Kapunda was proclaimed on 13 July 1865. The inaugural mayor was Matthew
  • The Corporate Town of Port Augusta West was a local government area in South Australia centred on the suburb of Port Augusta West. It was gazetted on

Users also searched:

...
...
...