Back

ⓘ Sorsum




                                     

ⓘ Sorsum

Over 800 years ago in the year 1125 Sutterem, later Sorsum, was first mentioned in literature. A memorial in the middle of the village was raised in 2000 to remind on the first mention. In the Middle Ages, a domain was founded in Sorsum to support the Monastery Magdalenenkloster in Hildesheim. Its buildings can still be seen. Sorsum had a water mill which was mentioned in a document in 1215. The mill was built in the south of the village where the restaurant Sorsumer Muhle Sorsums Mill, built in 1811, is today. In some other documents, Sorsum was mentioned as Sosserumb in 1496 and as Sorsumb around 1700. In 1785, Sorsum had 335 inhabitants. The present church, Saint Kunibert, was built in 1887/88 in a neoromanic style. The tower was completed in 1908. According to the census of 1895, Sorsum had 731 inhabitants. After the Second World War, the number of inhabitants increased, as many refugees from East Germany settled down in Sorsum. In 1974, Sorsum was incorporated into the city of Hildesheim with about 2.300 inhabitants. On 31 December 2005, the number of inhabitants amounted to 2.844. Today, approximately 3.000 people live in Sorsum.

                                     
  • Since 1902, at the latest, there were efforts by the farmers of Lemmie and Sorsum for the establishment of a halt at Lemmie. They were also supported by the
  • October 1984 - writer, art historian, Academicien Antoine Bruguiere de Sorsum 22 June 1773 d. Marseille, 7 October 1823 - philologist Philippe Carrese
  • until 1957. Sophiensiel SockelgeschoS hollander 1775 Under restoration. Sorsum Sorsumer Muhle Turmhollander Spetzerfehn 1818 Struck by lightning and burnt

Users also searched:

...
...
...