ⓘ West Potomac Park
West Potomac Park is a U.S. national park in Washington, D.C., adjacent to the National Mall. It includes the parkland that extends south of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, from the Lincoln Memorial to the grounds of the Washington Monument. The park is the site of many national landmarks, including the Korean War Veterans Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, George Mason Memorial, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
The Park includes the surrounding land on the shore of the tidal basin, an artificial inlet of the Potomac river, which was created in the 19th century, a branch pipe, which connects the Potomac in the Northern part of Washington channel.
West Potomac Park is administered by the national Park Service.
- along the Potomac River and its branches in the United States. Alexandria, Virginia Arlington, Virginia Belle Haven, Virginia Bolivar, West Virginia Brookmont
- Crossings at the Potomac River are a set of railroad bridges that span the Potomac River between Maryland Heights, Maryland and Harpers Ferry, West Virginia in
- cargo - carrying boats on the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal in Georgetown across the Potomac River to the Alexandria Canal. The same eight piers supported two different
- The Potomac Appalachian Trail Club PATC is a volunteer organization that works to maintain hiking trails in the Washington, D.C. area of the United
- Fairfax Stone Historical Monument State Park is a West Virginia state park commemorating the Fairfax Stone, a surveyor s marker and boundary stone at the
- 5 - mile - long 95.8 km tributary of the Potomac River that flows north from Frederick County, Virginia, to Berkeley County in West Virginia s Eastern Panhandle.
- Maidstone - on - the - Potomac is a historic house and farm near Falling Waters, West Virginia. Located on the Potomac River immediately opposite Williamsport
- home to the Potomac Falls High School Panthers. Sterling Park is a portion of Sterling with the ZIP code of 20164. The land where Sterling Park was built
- located the town of Elk Garden, West Virginia in the southwestern portion of the county. The Potomac River Valley lies to west and north of the mountain, and
Users also searched: