Back

ⓘ Washington Park station (Newark Light Rail)




Washington Park station (Newark Light Rail)
                                     

ⓘ Washington Park station (Newark Light Rail)

Washington Park station is a light rail station on the Newark Light Rails Broad Street Extension. Service on this line opened on July 17, 2006 at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

It is located in downtown Newark, new Jersey, on the southbound side of Broad street between bridge and via Veneto, near the Park, which gave the name of the station. It is right across the street from the headquarters of IDT Corporation and 1 Washington Park and in the evening rush hour carries the number of outbound passengers out of the station and Penn station.

Two key attractions near this station the Newark Museum and Newark public library. The station is located near James street community historic district, Rutgers business school and the Polhemus house. Station-ground, as most of the second stage of the NLR, with the exception of two-track tunnel portal South through the main street that connects the line from the original line of the NC station at Penn station. This station receives only southbound trains, which leave Newark broad street and continue on to NJPAC / center street station and Penn station.

The station also features two installations of public art by Willie Cole, a native Newarker and African American conceptual and visual artist.

                                     
  • the River Line light rail system, which offers service to Camden along the Delaware River, is across Clinton Avenue from the main station building. Bus
  • Martin Luther King Drive is a station of the Hudson Bergen Light Rail in the Jackson Hill neighborhood of Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. Located
  • commuter rail lines. The two train stations are linked by the Newark Light Rail system, which also provides services from Newark Penn Station to Newark s northern
  • Military Park is a 6 - acre 24, 000 m2 city park in Downtown Newark Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Along with Lincoln Park and Washington Park it
  • the 1920s on Washington Park after a gift by Louis Bamberger. It was designed by Jarvis Hunt, who also designed Bamberger s flagship Newark store. Since
  • 1940 the third rail west of the west end of the tunnels was removed. On June 20, 1937 the H M moved from Park Place to Newark Penn Station and Manhattan
  • trolley line to the terminal building and other points in the park from the light rail station to improve access. The terminal was badly damaged by flooding
  • North Hackensack until April 2009 is an NJ Transit rail station on the Pascack Valley Line. The station is located at Kinderkamack Road and Grand Avenue

Users also searched:

...
...
...