★ BMW M20
BMW M20 is a SOHC inline six-cylinder diesel engine, which was produced from 1977 to 1993. It was introduced eight years after a major BMW M30 inline six-cylinder engine, which remained in production alongside the M20.
The first cars to use the M20 was a series E12 5 series E21 3. The original model M20 had a displacement of 2.0 liters 122 CU in, with later versions having a displacement up to 2.7 l 165 do. E. V.
On the M20 began to fold after the introduction of the M50 engine in 1990. Final M20 engines were fitted to the E30 3 series wagon and convertible models created in April 1993.
On the M20 served as the basis for diesel engine BMW M21. It is also loosely related to the BMW engine M70 V12 gasoline engine.
1. History. (История)
In the 1970s, BMW felt the need for six-cylinder engine is smaller than BMW M30 to use it in the 3 series and 5 series. In the result, the M20 had a displacement of 2.0 liters 122 CU in BMWs smallest in-line six-cylinder engine. Later versions had a displacement up to 2.7 l CU and 165 M20 was used in a series E12 5 series 3 E21, E28 5 series, E30 3 series and E34 5-series.
Early versions of M20 and was sometimes referred to as "M60", while the code BMW M60 then used the V8 engine produced 1992-1996.
2. Design. (Дизайн)
As for the M30 on the M20 has a cast iron block, aluminum head and valve SOHC with 2 valves per cylinder. The main differences from the M30 are:
- Tilt 20 degrees compared to 30 degrees on M30.
- The timing belt and not timing chain.
- Wells range from 91 mm 3.6 In, not 100 3.9 mm in.
3.1. Model. M20B20
The first models to use the M20 was 520 E12 / 6 and E21 320 / 6, which is used 1.991 CC, 121 CU in M20B20. This engine uses a bore of 80 mm 3.15 inches and the stroke is 66 mm 2.60. On the M20B20 initially used 4E1 Solex four-barrel carburetor, had a compression ratio of 9.2:1 and red 6.400 rpm.
On the M20B20 first became fuel injected in 1981, with Bosch K-Jetronic used. The compression ratio was raised to 9.9:1. In September 1982, with the release of the E30 3 series, fuel injection has been updated to LE-Jetronic with a red 6.200 rpm. Other updates included a larger port known as a "731" head of cylinder block, the lighter block and new manifolds. M60 designation was finally withdrawn and replaced by the M20.
In 1987, the M20B20 was again revised with the addition of Bosch Motronic engine management, catalyst and a compression ratio of 8.8:1.
On the M20B20 was not sold in North America.
- 1981-1982 E28 520i K-Jetronic.
- 1986-1987 520i E28 Motronic.
- 1988-1990 E34 520i Motronic.
- 1982-1984 sport E30 320i l-Jetronic.
- 1976-1981 E12 520 / 6 carb.
- 1982-1984 E28 520i l-Jetronic.
- 1977-1982 E21 320 / 6 carb.
- 1984-1987 520i E28 Le-Jetronic.
- 1984-1987 E30 320i sport Le-Jetronic.
- 1987-1992 E30 320i Motronic sports.
3.2. Model. M20B23
Six months after the M20 was launched with M20B20 carburetted, the more the injection M20B23 was introduced in March 1978. The initial version of the M20B23 uses the same head, known as "200" and the M20B20 block, but in 3.02 76.8 mm crank stroke. Bore 80 mm 3.15 inches. Fuel injection K-Jetronic, the compression ratio is 9.5:1 and Redline is 6.400 rpm.
Version 1982 Le-Jetronic on a 731 cylinder head, compression ratio 9.8:1, and other updates as M20B20, the result is a power output of 139 HP 104 kW.
In 1984, fuel injection, exhaust and shaft has been upgraded to the LE-Jetronic and the power increased to 112 kW 150 HP with a red 6.500 rpm.
On the M20B23 was not sold in North America.
- 1982-1984 E30 323i l-Jetronic.
- 1984-1987 E30 323i Le-Jetronic.
- 1977-1982 E21 323i K-Jetronic.
3.3. Model. M20B25
In 1985 he replaced M20B23 M20B25. On the M20B25 has a capacity of 2.494 CC 152.2 CU and initially produced 126 kW 171 HP, 169 HP without catalyst. It has an upgraded cylinder head is known as "885", internal diameter 84 mm 3.31 in stroke 75 mm to 2.95 in compression ratio-9.4:1, red 6.500 rpm and uses a Bosch Motronic 1.1 engine management.
In 1987 he entered catalyzed model with Motronic 1.3 engine management. The compression ratio was lowered to 8.8:1, but thanks to more sophisticated electronics power remained nearly as before, for 125 kW 170 PS, 168 HP. the Engine is kept in non-enzymatic production in southern Europe and in other markets where unleaded fuel was not regularly available.
- 1985-1993 E30 325i. (1985-1993 Е30 325 спортивный)
- 1989-1990 E34 525i.
- 1988-1991 Z1. (1988-1991 З1)
3.4. Model. M20B27
On M20B27 was designed for efficiency, thus, e is the Greek letter that in the 325e and low rpm torque. This unusual design strategy for the BMW inline six-cylinder engine, which is typically designed for power at high revs. Compared to M20B25 piston stroke increased from 75 to 81 mm 2.95 to 3.19 in, causing the power 2.693 CC 164.3 CU in. In accordance with the M20B25, bore 84 mm 3.31 in. To reduce friction and increase efficiency, M20B27 changes include the use of 200 version head which has smaller ports, different camshaft, four axles and softer valve springs. In this regard, the Rev limit on the M20B27 has been reduced to 4.800 rpm. Compression ratio 9.0:1 was used 528e in the us, and 11:1 to the Euro 525e and 325e cars fell to 10.3:1 in 1985. Initial engine M20B27 produces 92 kW 123 HP and 240 nm 177 lb⋅ft at 3.250 rpm for models without catalytic Converter. Models with catalytic Converter capacity of 90 kW 121 HP and 230 nm, 170 lb⋅ft.
Since many markets tax cars based on engine capacity of ETAs larger displacement means that it was not suitable for all markets. It was specifically designed with the American market in mind. BMWs corporate average fuel consumption was at risk of not meeting the requirements to 1984, primarily due to the increase in sales of their more expensive cars in the early 1980-ies. The first car to use the M20B27 was the US market 528e 1982.
In late 1987, fuel injection was upgraded to Motronic 1.3 on the American market plastic bumper 325e super ETA, the cylinder head changed to "885" version, the compression was lowered to 8.5:1 and the red is increased to 5.200 rpm. Power output increased to 95 kW 127 HP at 4.800 rpm.
In the early 1990-ies of BMW in South Africa used components from Alpina C3 2.7 to produce E30 specifically for the production of the Group Tin racing car N. The first version of the engine used in the E30 325iS produced 145 kW, 194 HP, and the second version, often called the "Evo2" or the identification number plate as "HP2" produced 155 kW 208 HP.
- 1982-1988 E28 528e 525e is called in North America.
- 1982-1987 E30 325e.
- 1989-1992 E30 325iS only available in South Africa.
- introduction of the smaller BMW M20 straight - six engine in the late 1970s. The M 30 was produced alongside the M20 throughout the M20 s production, and prior
- The BMW M 50 is a straight - 6 DOHC petrol engine which was produced from 1990 to 1996. It was released in the E34 520i and 525i, to replace the M20 engine
- a road in Kent M20 motorway Ireland a road, part of the N 20 national primary road M20 highway Russia Highway M20 Ukraine BMW M20 a 1976 automobile
- for the 320i, to suit the BMW M20 engine 5 - speed Getrag 260 - 323i, 325e, 325es and 325i models. 5 - speed Getrag 265 - M 3 model dog - leg shift pattern
- 112 mph In 1977, the 320 model switched from the BMW M 10 four - cylinder engine to the BMW M20 six - cylinder engine. Although they remained badged as
- M20 petrol engine which is optimised for fuel economy and torque at low engine speed, rather than the traditional high revving characteristics of BMW
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
- The BMW M 5 is a high performance variant of the BMW 5 Series marketed under the BMW M sub - brand. It is considered an iconic vehicle in the sports sedan
- The BMW M 3 is a high - performance version of the BMW 3 Series, developed by BMW s in - house motorsport division, BMW M GmbH. M 3 models have been produced
- The BMW M 4 is a high - performance version of the BMW 4 Series automobile developed by BMW s motorsport division, BMW M GmbH. Part of the renumbering that
- generation of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW F 20 5 - door hatchback version and BMW F21 3 - door hatchback version compact cars. The F 20 F21 generation
- ZF 3HP12 M 10 engine ZF 3HP 20 M 30 engine ZF 3HP22 M20 M 30 engines BorgWarner BW65 M 30 engine Beginning in 1974, BMW M then called BMW Motorsport
- The BMW M 70 is a SOHC V12 petrol engine, which was BMW s first production V12 and was produced from 1987 to 1996. The BMW S70 2 engine, largely unrelated
- generation of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW E81 3 - door hatchback version BMW E82 coupe version BMW E87 5 - door hatchback version and BMW E88 convertible
- of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW G 20 sedan version and BMW G21 wagon version, marketed as Touring compact executive cars. The G 20 G21 has
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The first generation of the BMW 2 Series consists of the BMW F22 coupe version and BMW F23 convertible version subcompact executive cars. The F22 F23
- The BMW X6 is a mid - size luxury crossover by German automaker BMW The first generation E71 was released for sale in April 2008 for the 2008 model year
- BMW cars have been officially sold in the United States since 1956 and manufactured in the United States since 1994. The first BMW dealership in the United
- The BMW 3 Series is a compact executive car manufactured by the German automaker BMW since May 1975. It is the successor to the 02 Series and has been
- The BMW E34 is the third generation of the BMW 5 Series, which was produced from 1987 until 1996. Initially launched as a sedan in January 1988, the E34
- The BMW 5 Series is an executive car manufactured by BMW since 1972. It is the successor to the New Class Sedans and is currently in its seventh generation
- further developed as the BMW VII and BMW IX, although these saw considerably less use. It was also produced in the Soviet Union as the M - 17 and Japan as the
- The BMW M 52 is a straight - 6 DOHC petrol engine which was produced from 1994 2000. It was released in the E36 320i, to replace the M 50. In 1998, the technical
- The BMW Z models are a line of roadsters manufactured by German automaker BMW The Z stands for zukunft German for future and has been produced in
- The BMW E31 is the first generation of the BMW 8 Series. It is a grand tourer built by BMW from 1990 to 1999 powered by either a V8 or V12 engine. While
- The BMW Z4 E89 is the second generation of the BMW Z4 range of two - door roadsters, and was produced from 2009 to 2016. The E89 replaced the E85 E86 Z4
- The BMW Art Car Project was introduced by the French racecar driver and auctioneer Herve Poulain, who wanted to invite an artist to create a canvas on
- The BMW X3 is a compact luxury crossover SUV manufactured by German automaker BMW since 2003. Based on the BMW 3 Series platform, and now in its third
- fifth generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW E90 sedan BMW E91 wagon, marketed as Touring BMW E92 coupe and BMW E93 convertible compact
Users also searched:
bmw m20 engine for sale, bmw m20 engine rebuild kit, bmw m20 turbo kit, bmw m20 weight, m20 engine hp, m20b25 head, engine, bmw m, turbo, rebuild, sale, head, bmw e, engine for sale, bmws, engine hp, weight, turbo kit, engine rebuild kit, m bmw, e bmw, bmw m engine rebuild kit, bmw e m, bmw m weight, mb head, bmw m engine for sale, bmw e i, m engine hp, bmws e, bmw m turbo kit, bmw m20, bmw e30, 325i, m20 bmw, e30 325i, e30 m20,
|BMW M20 Engine ReBuild YouTube. May 6, 2018 from my BMW E30 and see wheel horsepower it will make. I was super impressed how much power this stock M20 made at. .. BMW M20B25 Engine Turbo, specs, problems, upgrades. Jun 1, 2018 Check our out of the box & play solution for 87 92 BMW E30 325i, ready to plug into your factory harness! Typical installation takes. .. Rebuilding A BMW M20 Engine For Spec E30 Racing: The. NEW UPDATED SITE! BMW M20 12 valve six cylinder engine design notes, list of common problems, photos all known versions and sizes. Includes.0, 2.3. .. Cat Cams BMW M20 Camshafts Schrick 325 525 E30. Jun 23, 2017 M20 Engine ReBuild. First Drive in 10 Years V12 BMW E31 850i Revival Project Bilbao: Part 2 Duration: 31:50. M539 Restorations. .. How to rebuild M20 head E30, E34 RTS Your Total BMW. Sep 11, 2018 Taking used BMW M20 motor from dead and rebuilding it for use in a Spec E30 race car, this is first of numerous articles about the. .. BMW M20 JE Forged Pistons Top End Performance. Installation locking Adjustable Cam Gear is highly recommended for optimum with M20 performance camshafts. Especially if your cylinder. .. The UnixNerds Domain BMW M20 Six Cylinder Engines. Oct 29, 2014 The M20 is an straight 6 piston engine of BMW, whose 12 valve, belt driven SOHC design in three parts, featuring main Block with a Sump at. .. VAC Performance MLS Multi Layered Steel Head Gasket BMW M20. BMW m20 m50 m52 m54 s50 s52. 1252 likes 11 talking about this. we all need boost in our lives.. .. E30 M20 Valve Adjustment DIY YouTube. Items 1 12 37 JE Forged Pistons for every possible combination of BMW M20 engines. All Bores, Strokes, Compression Ratios and Styles. We offer.||M20 E30 Zone. Feb 21, 2018 A great video from spain showing exactly rebuild an M20 head and how to install it back on the block.. .. How to MegaSquirt Your BMW E30 325i and Other M20 M30. CP Pistons M20. Forged Piston Sets for 2.7L 81mm Stroker Crank motor E30 and BMW E34.. .. HOW MUCH HP DOES A 30yr OLD BMW E30 MAKE? YouTube. M20 not only build power, but also have a great price! Cat Cams, the finest value in camshafts today offers grinds that provide winning. .. CP Carrillo Forged Piston Set BMW M20 2.7L 81mm Stroke. M20B25 straight 6 cylinder engine was developed on base of low displacement M20B20 motor in 1986. It belongs to BMW M20 family along with M20B23. .. Engine Of The Day: BMW M20. this series, wed like honor the engines that were made vast quantities and or remained front line service for decades in addition to low production. .. Schrick BMW M20 Camshafts, 325i camshaft, E30 325 cam. Our M20 Multi Layered Steel Gasket is designed to withstand much higher combustion pressures than factory gaskets or other aftermarket head. .. BMW m20 m50 m52 m54 s50 s52 Home Facebook. Aug 1, 2014 Whether you have problem with engine or just want to refresh the one in your Spec E30, having a tight, reliable power plant is essential. .. Bottoms Up Rebuilding a BMW M20 short block for your Spec E30. Jul 5, 2016 FEELER GAUGE: BREATHER How to adjust the valves on your M20 eng. First Drive in 10 Years V12 BMW E31 850i Revival Project Bilbao:.|
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →