★ BMW 5 Series (E12)
BMW E12-first generation 5 series Executive car that was produced from 1972 to 1981 and replaced sedan models BMW new series.
The initial models were equipped with inline-four engines, with carburetor or fuel injection. Was introduced a year after the launch, the first model is powered by an inline six-cylinder engine. In recent years, E12 production, most of the models used inline six-cylinder engine.
No model M5 for E12, but the E12 M535i is considered to be the predecessor of the M5. The E24 6 series coupe is built on the E12 platform to 1982. On the E12 was replaced by the E28 5 series in 1981, although the funds were sent to South Africa, where E12, the Assembly continued with E28 interior until 1984.
1. Development. (Развитие)
In 1970 at the Geneva motor show, BMW introduced the concept 2200ti Garmisch car, 2-door sedan, which was developed in collaboration with Bertone. Although the concept 2200ti Garmisch car was shown as a potential replacement for the new class sedans, the ultimate model E12 production used many design elements from Garmisch.
The development of the E12-series began in the late 1960-ies, when were tested in the wind tunnel. Eberhard von Kuenheim, then the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of BMW, has hired French designer Paul Bracq in 1970 to work as E12s head design, with Marcello Gandini of Bertone as a coproduction appearance.
In 1971 he was made road legal E12 prototype that looked similar to the Fiat 132. Also in 1971, Paul Bracq, but finished the development of E12s, compared to the later production series E12, Bracqs design of the car was more dynamic and elongated appearance. Computers were used in the development of the BMW for the first time to calculate the front and rear deformation zones, the roof was designed with construction roll-over protection. The body has a drag coefficient of 0.44. Interior E12s angled towards the driver. BMW was previously located turn signal stalks on the right side of the steering wheels, the E12 was their first model to have the stalk on the left side.
Before E12 was introduced, there were rumors that it will be available with a 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine, and a small six-cylinder engine. Instead, BMW is for a 2-liter four-cylinder M10 engines from the new class sedans, but modified the cylinder head to improve combustion. With the introduction of the E12-series in 1972, BMW has offered two models for carbureted 520, which was a Stromberg constant-pressure carburetor and manifold injected 520i, which was complete with Kugelfischer PL 04 fuel injection pump. A small six-cylinder model called "523" was developed but was never launched into serial production. In the end, the little six-cylinder model "520" was launched in 1977, but in a 2-liter version, not the 2.3-liter version.
Initially, four-cylinder cars have a hood with a recessed Central part, on the six-cylinder cars in this section rises. The front edge of the bonnet was flat. After the restyling of August 1976, all models featured the same bonnet, with a narrow Central section reaching forward and wrapping around the "kidney". The M30 engined cars can be identified by the grille that has chrome surround.
To meet the Swedes unique and stringent emission standards, and the injector version 528 developed and went into production in June 1977. Called the 528i, it was successful enough that it replaced the 528 in most markets.
2. Engines. (Двигатели)
The data above, according to the manufacturer. Power and data, torque is measured in accordance with German standard DIN 70020.
At 518, 520 and 520i models were equipped with 1.8-liter and 2.0 liter M10 inline-four engine as the previous new class sedans. 525, 528, 530, 530i and 533i models were fitted with M30 six-cylinder inline engines used a new six large sedans and E9 coupes. 520 and 523 of the latter was developed but not put into production, use the M20 inline six-cylinder engine.
518 had its fuel supplied to the Solex 32 / 32 DIDTA carburetor, while the initial 520 model M10 inline-four engine uses two 175CDET Stromberg carburetors. Inline six-cylinder engine 525 and 528 models used dual Zenith Inat two-barrel carburetors to restyling 1976. Inline six-cylinder 520 is used carburettor soleks 4E1.
Models with fuel injection have the letter i at the end of the model designation. In the 520i used Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection system from 2000tii and 2002tii up to 1975. Since 1975, it was equipped with a continuous mechanical Bosch K-Jetronic injection port. On 518i sold only in Sweden and Japan, 528i and 530i is only sold in USA and Japan, there is a Bosch l-Jetronic injection port.
3. Suspension. (Подвеска)
BMW E12 has a self-supporting body mounted longitudinally in the front engine and rear-wheel drive. All four wheels are suspended independently from each other. The front wheels have MacPherson struts with coil springs, hydraulic shock absorbers and transverse control arms. Rear axle is a diagonal axle with coil springs and hydraulic shock absorbers. Models with a power output of 125 HP 92 kW or more have an additional stabilizer bar on the rear axle. All models, except for the M535i has a 14-inch steel wheels with wheel width or 5.5 or 6 inches. Thus, the size of the tires or 175 mm or 195 mm. All models use the worm and the steering sector, which was helping the cord from 528 the year. The braking system is dual circuit system with front disc brakes on the rear wheels, 518 / 520 / I models were equipped with drum brakes, all models of 525-th is disc brakes.
4. Transmission. (Передача)
4-speed manual powertrain options were:
- Getrag 242 4-speed for the M10 / M20 models / M30 engine.
- ZF S4-18 / 3 4-the speed of the motor M30.
- Getrag 262 4-speed motor M30.
5-speed manual transmission consisted of:
- Getrag 235 5-speed engine M10.
- Getrag 245 5-speed M10 / M20 engines.
- Getrag 265 5-speed engine M30.
Automatic transfer settings - all 3-speed transmission consisted of:
- The engine company BorgWarner BW65 M30.
- ZF 3HP22 engines M20 / M30.
- Engine ZF 3HP20 M30.
- ZF 3HP12 M10 engine.
5.1. Special models. Version Motorsport. (Версия Мотоспорт)
Beginning in 1974, then BMW M named BMW Motorsport and proposed Motorsport and Motorsport 530 530i as a special order updates on the 525, 528 and 528i models. Motorsport 530 uses a petrol engine 132 kW 177 HP BMW 3.0 S 530i Motorsport and used a fuel-injected engine 147 kW 197 HP from the BMW 3.0 si. Other modifications were shorter differential ratio 3.45:1 at 530 and 3.25:1 for the 530i, 25% LSD, vented disc brakes, Bilstein shocks, Scheel or Recaro sports seats, sports steering wheel, alloy wheels on low profile tires, and optional front and rear spoilers.
Later, a similar 533i and 535i Motorsport packages available for 528i models, consisting of 3.2 l and 3.5 l engines from E24 633CSi and 635CSi.
5.2. Special models. M535i
The first m-badged 5 series was the M535i, which began production in 1979. In the M535i features 3.5 l 214 CU in the M90 straight-six engine that produces 160 kW 215 HP. The only gearbox choice is a 5-speed manual was made and 1.650 M535i cars. Features include front and rear spoilers, sports suspension, sports Recaro seats, a steering wheel from a BMW M1, a broken close-ratio gearbox, limited-slip differential and larger brakes.
In M535i is considered to be the predecessor of the BMW M5, which was produced from the E28 generation.
5.3. Special models. Alpina B7. (Альпина Б7)
Alpina B7 Turbo and B7 turbo was based on the E12.
5.4. Special models. 530 MLE. (530 МЛО)
In South Africa, the 530 MLE was produced specifically for racing, made with 218 cars. Engine 3.0 l 183 CU in M30, producing 132 kW 177 HP. There have been significant measures to reduce weight include body panels made of aluminum or thinner steel.
6. Model year changes. (Модельный год меняется)1974
- 518 and 528 models presented, producing 66 kW 89 HP and 121 kW / 162 HP respectively.
- On models 520i, injection Kugelfischer were replaced with Bosch K Jetronic.
With the introduction of a series E23 7, the E12 received a facelift in September 1976. Laying under the leadership of Claus Lutte. The rear of the gasoline filler door was relocated to the side of the car and the taillights were widened. The hood was redesigned to give the bulge, the power of which was focused on the BMW kidney grille, and the dashboard ventilation was modified to optimize air distribution.
In the reconstruction, on the 520 went from the M10 inline-four engine BMW M20 inline six-cylinder engine, after the facelift model is often called 520 / 6. However, the M10 engine is still used in South Africa, due to local content laws. Even after M20 entered local production in 1979, the 2.0-liter M10 is still available with the "518" icons in South Africa.
525 and 528 models, dual Zenith carburetors were replaced by a single Solex 4E1 DVG four barrel, which increased the power to 125 kW 168 HP At 528.1978
- Model 528i using Bosch l-Jetronic fuel injection, will begin production in July as a replacement for the engine 528 carb, which was discontinued in September 1977.
- 533i M535i and models presented.
7. Models In North America. (Моделей В Северной Америке)
Initially, the model is only sold in the US was a 530i, which was equipped with a fuel-injected inline six-cylinder engine. Changes in the U.S. market E12s include lower compression pistons, EGR, air pump and modified exhaust manifolds called thermal neutron reactors. The North American model E12 had big bumpers are designed for 5 mph 8.0 km / h collision without damage to the body), which increased the overall length 206 mm 8.1.
For models 1979 528i 530i replaced. To reduce emissions, thermal reactor and air pump system were replaced with 3-way catalytic Converter and machine the Bosch l-Jetronic now the fuel injection system is equipped with an exhaust gas oxygen sensor. Power was reduced to 5 kW, 7 HP, and in the presence of a catalyst means that unleaded petrol is not required.
8. Critical reception. (Критический прием)
Until the time given for its acceleration and build quality, modern motor 1978 528i criticised for unpredictable handling and excessive body roll. Steering corrections in corners meant for car bodies "is lurching backwards and irritatingly inaccurate", partly because of soft springs and hard damping combination. Compared to the Jaguar XJ6 and Peugeot 604, the vehicle is considered narrow and cramped in the back and susceptible to wind noise.
9. Production. (Производство)
E12 production occurred from June 1972 to 1981, a total of 699.094 cars produced. Originally the car was manufactured in Munich, Germany. After the opening of the new BMW Group plant Dingolfing in September 1973, the production was discontinued in Dingolfing.
Complete knockdown Assembly of the German production of the kits took place in Rosline, South Africa, West Java, Indonesia Gaya motor, and Thailand.
- name. Since the E 28, all generations of 5 Series have included an M model, called the BMW M 5 The E12 is the first generation of 5 Series which was produced
- The BMW E 28 is the second generation of BMW 5 Series executive cars, which was produced from 1981 to 1988 and replaced the E12 5 Series The E 28 was initially
- sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW F10 sedan version BMW F11 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F07 fastback version
- The BMW 3 Series is a compact executive car manufactured by the German automaker BMW since May 1975. It is the successor to the 02 Series and has been
- the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW E 60 sedan long wheelbase sedan version and BMW E 61 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The E 60
- of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW E 81 3 - door hatchback version BMW E 82 coupe version BMW E 87 5 - door hatchback version and BMW E 88 convertible
- The BMW E 65 is the fourth generation of the BMW 7 Series range of full - size luxury sedans, and was produced from 2001 to 2008. The variants of the range
- The BMW 7 Series is a full - size luxury sedan produced by the German automaker BMW since 1977. It is the successor to the BMW E 3 New Six sedan and is
- generation of the BMW 6 Series consists of the BMW E 63 coupe version and BMW E 64 convertible version grand tourers. The E 63 E 64 generation was produced
- The BMW 6 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW since 1976. It is the successor to the E 9 Coupe and is currently in its fourth generation
- generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW E 90 sedan BMW E 91 wagon, marketed as Touring BMW E 92 coupe and BMW E 93 convertible compact
- third generation of the BMW 6 Series consists of the BMW F 12 two - door convertible version BMW F13 two - door coupe version and BMW F06 four - door Gran
- The seventh generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW G30 sedan version and BMW G31 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The
- The BMW M 5 is a high performance variant of the BMW 5 Series marketed under the BMW M sub - brand. It is considered an iconic vehicle in the sports sedan
- The BMW 3 Series Compact is a 3 - door hatchback version of the BMW 3 Series which was produced from 1993 through 2004. Initially based on the E 36 platform
- The BMW E 36 is the third generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, and was produced from 1990 to 2000. The initial models were of
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The BMW E 39 is the fourth generation of BMW 5 Series which was sold from 1995 to 2004. It was launched in the sedan body style, with the wagon estate
- The BMW E 34 is the third generation of the BMW 5 Series which was produced from 1987 until 1996. Initially launched as a sedan in January 1988, the E 34
- E 24 was powered by a range of BMW M30 six - cylinder engines. Initially based on the E12 5 Series chassis, the E 24 switched to the newer E 28 5 Series chassis
- The BMW E 30 is the second generation of BMW 3 Series which was produced from 1982 - 1994 and replaced the E 21 3 Series The model range included coupe
- The BMW 8 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW The 8 Series was introduced in 1990 under the E 31 model code and was only available as a
- The BMW E 31 is the first generation of the BMW 8 Series It is a grand tourer built by BMW from 1990 to 1999 powered by either a V8 or V 12 engine. While
- 2001, the BMW E 38 was the third generation of the BMW 7 Series The flagship represented an attractive evolution in design language of the prior E 32 generation
- the BMW trademark kidney grille standing out clearly from the radiator cover. The styling of the new car bore a resemblance to the E12 5 Series which
- sixth generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW F30 sedan version BMW F31 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F34 fastback version
- The BMW E 32 is the second generation of the BMW 7 Series luxury cars and was produced from 1986 to 1994. It replaced the E 23 and was initially available
- convertible 5 - door wagon estate marketed as Touring 3 - door hatchback see BMW 3 Series Compact All - wheel drive, last available in the E 30 3 Series was
- BMW expanded its range by adding coupe and luxury sedan models. The BMW 5 Series mid - size sedan range was introduced in 1972, followed by the BMW 3
- The BMW X 5 F15 is a mid - size luxury SUV manufactured and marketed worldwide by BMW since 2013. The car was unveiled in the 2013 Frankfurt International
Users also searched:
1980 bmw 5 series for sale, bmw 5 series 1985, bmw e12 528i, bmw e12 coupe, bmw e12 for sale, bmw e12 interior, bmw e12 m535i for sale, bmw e12 m535i, series, bmw e, sale, for sale, bmw, bmw series, interior, series e, coupe, e series, e bmw, mi for sale, bmw e series, bmw e for sale, bmw e mi, bmw series e, bmw e coupe, bmw e mi for sale, bmw series for sale, bmw e i, bmw e interior, bmwseries, bmw e12, 5 series, bmw 5, bmw 5 series, e12 5, series e12, e12 5 series, bmw e12 5,
|BMW 5 Series History 1st Generation E12. Dec 28, 2016 E12 is desirable classic 45 years later, and its the car that made BMW a true alternative to Mercedes Benz.. .. Original 5 Series E12,E28,E34,E39,E60,E61 Parts BMW of. Check the price of your new BMW 5 series E12 E28 & order with or without installation Also side window replacement on location.. .. BMW 5 Series E12 1975 1981 and Accessories Pelican Parts. Jaguar XKE II & Series III Jagermeister Group 5 Tribute Ready: M12 Race Engine BaT Exclusive: Creampuff 1980 BMW E12 528i.. .. 48 Best BMW E12 5 Series images Pinterest. From a luminous E12 through latest G30, meet family. Time to The first 5 launched in 1972, and reinstated BMWs pre war series naming. .. BMW E12 Autopedia Fandom. Service Log In Approvals FAQs Contact Dealer Locator. Home Product World Model History BMW 5 Series E12. .. 5 Series. Jul 26, 2018 E12 BMW 5 Series was big, powerful, and expensive by standards its time. Heres one of the last ones built, in a California wrecking. .. BMW 5 Series E12 in San Diego, CA Google Maps. . Explore BMW 5 Series E12 in San Diego, CA it appears on Google Maps well as pictures, stories and other. .. BMW 5 Series E12 data and specifications catalogue. car? 28 offers BMW 5 Series for sale and other cars on Classic Trader. E12 Saloon 121.000 km 110 150 kw hp. Watchlisted.. .. BMW 5 Series E12 specs & photos 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976. : 1972 1981 E12 knowledge base 25 Attachment s. Last Post By JKuhn 01 21 2020 03:33 AM. 215. Parked: The Official Bimmerforums 5er registry!. .. BMW 5 Series Cars for Sale Classic Trader. E12 is an automobile platform that was basis for the 1972 through 1981 BMW 5 Series.||The First 5 Series Changed It All for BMW. Discount Prices on Parts and Accessories For All BMW 5 Series Models Fast Affordable Shipping To Your Home Or Shop!. .. Side window replacement BMW 5 series E12 E28. Sep 22, 2018 Explore danielkhars board E12 on Pinterest. See more ideas about, 5 series and Bmw 525.. .. e12 For Sale BaT Auctions. Jan 19, 2016 Specs, photos, engines and other data about BMW 5 Series E12 1972 1981.. .. BMW 5 Series E12 a look back YouTube. Dec 29, 2016 With 5 E12, the first generation, BMW starts a six part series about BMWs successful upper class model.. .. BMW 5 Series E12 Local Business Facebook. Auto for BMW 5 Series E12 1975 1981 Pelican Parts.. .. Driving every generation of the BMW 5 Series Top Gear. Oct 14, 2016. 525 on race track, to car. Inboard cockpit rev meter. C2C and tripod. BMW 5 Series driving scenes:. .. BMW 5 Series E12: ALPINA Automobiles. Dec 28, 2016 With BMW E12, first generation, we start our six part series about BMWs successful upper class model. In seventies the 5. .. This once powerful E12 BWM 5 Series now rusts as a Junkyard. Catalogue specifications of BMW 5 Series E12, all models, production years and versions in automobile catalog.. .. BMW 5 Series History. The 1st Generation E12. YouTube. . 457 likes. E12 is the first generation of BMW 5 Series mid size luxury sedans, which was produced from 1972 to 1981. It.|
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →