★ BMW 5 Series (E28)
BMW E28 is the second generation BMW 5 series Executive car which was produced from 1981 to 1988, and replaced the E12 5 series.
The E28 was initially produced with straight-four and straight-six petrol engines up to 1983, when its 524td model was the first BMW car will be powered by a diesel engine. He was also the first 5 series with the center console angled towards the driver, and be available with anti-lock brake system ABS.
The first BMW M5 was produced during the generation E28. It was powered in М88 / 3 and the S38 straight six engines. The E24 6 series coupe is built on the E28 platform from 1982-1989.
On the E28 was replaced by the E34 5 series in 1988.
1. Body and interior. (Кузов и салон)
On the E28 has a self-supporting body, which is welded to the platform body. The passenger compartment is a passenger safety cell with deformation elements at the front and rear of the car. Unlike its predecessor, the E12 and E34 shift E28 is rear-hinged bonnet. The trunk has a volume of 460 l 122 Gal. Most models have a fuel tank capacity 70 l 18 Gal, with some models having a smaller tank 63 litres 17 Gal. The weight of the edge 1.140–1.410 kg 2.513–3.109 pounds.
Cruise control, on-Board computer to display the trip information and the "control" panel to warn the driver about the levels of fluid and faulty lighting was introduced in series 5 E28. Glazing made of single-pane safety glass, windscreen laminated glass. In the framework of the creation of the air conditioning system on the E28, a few BMW engineers in charge of this program drove the previous generation 5 series E12 in the middle of summer in Texas. In E12 528i was painted black with black interior, and drove 500 mi 805 km in one day.
The design was developed under BMW chief designer Klaus of Lute, with the development of the E28 beginning in 1975. While that BMW is developing for the E28, the company had only one computer that was used for payroll and spare parts. Wolfgang Matschinsky and his team borrowed that computer to perform the calculations necessary to design a new drivetrain and chassis. This was due to the fact that the addition of the ABS system required a reorganization of the previous model due to excessive vibration when braking.
2. Engines. (Двигатели)
On the E28 was the first 5 series is available with diesel engines and its 524td 524d models and models with a gasoline engine especially aimed at improving fuel economy model 525e / 528e.
Four models available at launch was E28 518, 520i, 525i and 528i, with 518 using the straight-four petrol engine and three other models using straight six-cylinder diesel engine. During E28 model, the following models have been added: its 524td 524d and using diesel engines, 518i fuel injected version 518, in 525e / 528e as a fuel economy model, and the top-specification 533i, 535i, M535i, M5, and models.
Was introduced for some gasoline engines in 1984, the option liquefied petroleum gas LPG.
2.1. Engines. Gasoline. (Бензин)
518: only sold in some European markets, where it suits local tax categories 518 was the lowest specification model, which uses a four-cylinder engine with a carburetor. Performance data factory for the manual car gear Maximum speed of 164 km / h, 102 mph and 0-100 km / h in 14.0 seconds.
518i: base model in Japan and some European countries used 518i fuel-injected four-cylinder. Performance data factory for the manual car gear top speed of 175 km / h 109 km / h and 0-100 km / h in 12.6 seconds. This version is not sold in Germany until the facelift in 1984 when it was replaced with a carbureted 518.
520i: model of the middle class with the smallest of the available six-cylinder engines. Performance data factory for manual transmission cars is the maximum speed of 190 km / h 118 km / h and acceleration 0-100 km / h in 11.4 seconds.
525e / 528e: at 525e 528e is called in North America and Japan uses a 2.7-liter 6-cylinder petrol engine M20, which is optimized for fuel economy and torque at low engine speeds than traditional high-revving characteristics of the BMW inline six-cylinder engines. "E" means the Greek letter ETA, for the economy. According to BMW, 525e is more economical than the 520i, which has the same rated power 92 kW. As many markets tax cars based on engine displacement, in pvp the bigger engine means that it does not fit everywhere. The model was specifically designed with the American market in mind. BMWs corporate average fuel consumption was at risk of not meeting the requirements to 1984, primarily due to the increase in sales of their more expensive cars in the early 1980-ies. In Austria, 525e was upset to 88 kW, 118 HP
Performance data factory for the manual car gearbox without catalytic convertor is the maximum speed of 190 km / h 118 km / h and 0-100 km / h in 10.7 seconds. With the catalytic Converter, the indicators maximum speed of 188 km / h 117 km / h and acceleration 0-100 km / h in 11.3 seconds.
525i: this model is mid-range is powered by a 2.5-liter 6-cylinder engine. On the 525i were only sold in Europe. Performance data factory for the manual car gear Maximum speed of 201 km / h 125 mph and 0-100 km / h in 9.8 seconds.
528i: initially, high specification, 6-cylinder 528i was the model of the middle class after the release of the model 533i and 535i. Performance data factory for the manual car gear top speed of 215 km / h 134 mph and 0-100 km / h in 8.4 seconds.
533i: only sold in Japan and North America, 6-cylinder 533i was the highest specification model during its production years 1983-1984. It was replaced by the 535i.
535i: released in 1984, 535i replaced the 533i and uses the same 6-cylinder powertrain as the M535i. Performance data factory for manual transmission vehicles without catalyst have a maximum speed of 225 km / h 140 mph and 0-100 km / h in 7.2 seconds. With the catalytic Converter, the indicators maximum speed of 212 km / h and 132 km / h and acceleration 0-100 km / h in 7.9 seconds
M535i: in the upper part of the regular production model range, M535i uses the drivetrain from the 535i plus m-technology suspension and wheels and body panels not found on any other E28. In the M535i was assembled on the standard E28 Assembly line in Dingolfing and Roslin. Performance data factory for manual transmission cars without a catalyst, have a maximum speed of 230 km / h 143 mph and 0-100 km / h in 7.2 seconds. With the catalytic Converter, the indicators maximum speed of 217 km / h 135 mph and 0-100 km / h in 7.9 seconds
2.2. Engines. Diesel. (Дизельный)
524d: at the Geneva motor show in 1986, four years after the introduction of its 524td more powerful models, atmospheric 524d model was introduced. It was sold only in some markets.
Its 524td: turbo diesel of this model was the first diesel car produced by BMW. It entered production in late 1982, when it was built 100 pre-production cars. Performance data factory for the manual car gear Maximum speed of 180 km / h 112 mph and 0-100 km / h in 12.9 seconds.
3. Transmission. (Передача)
BMW offered on the E28 with manual and automatic transmissions. Torque transmitted from the engine single-plate dry clutch with torsional damper in models with manual transmissions, automatic models of the torque Converter with integrated lock-up clutch.Manual transmissions
4-speed manual transmission are:
- 262 M30 engines, Getrag.
- Getrag 242 to the M10 and M20 engine model.
5-speed manual transmission are:
- Getrag 240 M10 and M21 engines.
- Getrag 245 M10 engines.
- ZF S5-16 M20 engines.
- 265 M30 engines, Getrag and 525e / 528e.
- Getrag 280 М88 / 3 and S38 engines.
- Getrag 260 M20, M21 and M30 engines.
3-speed automatic transmission:
- ZF 3HP22 the motors M20 and M30, we only in the market.
4-speed automatic transmission are:
- ZF 4HP22 eh M20, M30.
- ZF 4HP22. (КОРОБКА ZF 4HP22)
4. Suspension. (Подвеска)
Independent front and rear suspension with MacPherson struts in front and a Diagonal arm design for the rear.
The front suspension was upgraded to use dual links at the bottom of the rack, as first seen on the 7-series E23. This increases the displacement of the steering when cornering to improve steering feel. Double action shock absorbers, springs and front stabilizer bar used bar.
The rear suspension is mounted on the beam of the Delta that is connected to the housing using three screws with rubber bearings which have longitudinal play. Some models have a rear stabilizer bar.
Steering on most models is dependent on the speed of circulation of the balls, steering system ZF Friedrichshafen. On the 518i has a steering Gemmer double enveloping worm reducer, also by ZF.
The dimensions of the wheels 14-inch by 16-inch for model M5 or 390 mm Michelin TRX. All discs have 22mm positive offset size.
5. Brake. (Тормоза)
Brakes use hydraulic dual-circuit brake system with power assistance. Front wheels have disc brakes, which – with the exception 518i – ventilated. All models with 2.5 l or more displacement rear disc brakes are ventilated, while the smaller models have a rear drum brake. To prevent the wheels from locking, fitted on BMW E28, after 1984, anti-lock braking system, although it was an option in some markets.
6. The North American market model. (Северо-Американская модель рынка)
North American lineup consists of 528e 1982-1988 known as 525e in Europe, 1983-1984 533i, 535i 1985-1988, its 524td 1985-1986, 1986-1987 and 1987-1988 535is M5.
Model launch was the 528e 1982, then 533i. Optional automatic transmission was originally a 3-speed manual 4-speed automatic was available in Europe at the time, with a 4-speed automatic transmission becomes optional in 1983. Since 1985, all North American models had ABS brakes as standard.
The North American model E28 was larger bumpers designed to withstand a 5 mph 8.0 km / h collision without damage to the body), which increased the total length 180 mm 7.1 in.
On the 528i, 533i and 535i were sold with a catalytic Converter in the United States.
Instead of importing M535i, BMW of North America created the 535is. This model is based on the 535i, plus front and rear spoilers, sports suspension and sports seats.
Manufacturing the North American market models M5 began in late 1986, two years after the production of the M5 was for the European markets, and it was only made for twelve months, as the 1988 model year of the car. North American models use the M5 engine S38 is М88 / 3. All American cars M5 was painted black, most of the interiors were a tan "natural" color leather.
7. Production. (Производство)
E28 production started in July 1981 and ended in December 1987. Was built a total of 722.328 cars.
The E28 was still sold in North America as a 1988 model year car after his E34 successor was released in Europe in early 1988. Model edition with limited edition was also sold in South Africa from mid-1987 to late 1988.
- name. Since the E28 all generations of 5 Series have included an M model, called the BMW M 5 The E 12 is the first generation of 5 Series which was produced
- been produced for every generation of the 5 Series since 1985. The first BMW M 5 based on the E28 5 Series was manufactured from October 1984 to June
- were sent to South Africa where E 12 assembly continued with E28 interiors until 1984. At the 1970 Geneva Motor Show, BMW unveiled the 2200ti Garmisch concept
- sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW F10 sedan version BMW F11 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F07 fastback version
- The BMW E 34 is the third generation of the BMW 5 Series which was produced from 1987 until 1996. Initially launched as a sedan in January 1988, the E 34
- the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW E 60 sedan long wheelbase sedan version and BMW E 61 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The E 60
- of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW E 81 3 - door hatchback version BMW E 82 coupe version BMW E 87 5 - door hatchback version and BMW E 88 convertible
- The BMW E 65 is the fourth generation of the BMW 7 Series range of full - size luxury sedans, and was produced from 2001 to 2008. The variants of the range
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The BMW 3 Series is a compact executive car manufactured by the German automaker BMW since May 1975. It is the successor to the 02 Series and has been
- generation of the BMW 6 Series consists of the BMW E 63 coupe version and BMW E 64 convertible version grand tourers. The E 63 E 64 generation was produced
- The BMW 7 Series is a full - size luxury sedan produced by the German automaker BMW since 1977. It is the successor to the BMW E 3 New Six sedan and is
- E 24 was powered by a range of BMW M30 six - cylinder engines. Initially based on the E 12 5 Series chassis, the E 24 switched to the newer E28 5 Series chassis
- The BMW E 39 is the fourth generation of BMW 5 Series which was sold from 1995 to 2004. It was launched in the sedan body style, with the wagon estate
- The BMW E 30 is the second generation of BMW 3 Series which was produced from 1982 - 1994 and replaced the E 21 3 Series The model range included coupe
- The BMW E 36 is the third generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, and was produced from 1990 to 2000. The initial models were of
- BMW expanded its range by adding coupe and luxury sedan models. The BMW 5 Series mid - size sedan range was introduced in 1972, followed by the BMW 3
- convertible 5 - door wagon estate marketed as Touring 3 - door hatchback see BMW 3 Series Compact All - wheel drive, last available in the E 30 3 Series was
- sixth generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW F30 sedan version BMW F31 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F34 fastback version
- The BMW E 31 is the first generation of the BMW 8 Series It is a grand tourer built by BMW from 1990 to 1999 powered by either a V8 or V12 engine. While
- 2001, the BMW E 38 was the third generation of the BMW 7 Series The flagship represented an attractive evolution in design language of the prior E 32 generation
- The BMW X 5 F15 is a mid - size luxury SUV manufactured and marketed worldwide by BMW since 2013. The car was unveiled in the 2013 Frankfurt International
- The BMW M1 model code E 26 is a mid - engined sports car produced by German automotive manufacturer BMW from 1978 to 1981. In the late 1970s, Italian automobile
- E 3 3.3L model selection www.realoem.com. Retrieved 1 September 2017. 1985 BMW E28 5 Series M535i Specs www.ultimatespecs.com. 1985 BMW E28 5 Series
- The BMW E 23 is the first generation of the BMW 7 Series luxury cars, and was produced from 1977 to 1987. It was built in a 4 - door sedan body style with
- replaced the E85 E86 Z4 and is the fourth model in the BMW Z Series The E 89 Z4 was the first Z Series model to use a retractable hardtop roof, which meant
- The BMW M3 is a high - performance version of the BMW 3 Series developed by BMW s in - house motorsport division, BMW M GmbH. M3 models have been produced
- third generation of the BMW 6 Series consists of the BMW F12 two - door convertible version BMW F13 two - door coupe version and BMW F06 four - door Gran
- 2004 - 2010 BMW 5 Series F18 2.0 litre and 3.0 litre 2011 - 2017 BMW Brilliance 1 - Series F52 BMW Brilliance 3 - Series F35 Li BMW Brilliance 5 - Series G38 Li
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
Users also searched:
1986 bmw 535i for sale, bmw e12, bmw e28 535i for sale, bmw e28 alpina, bmw e28 for sale craigslist, bmw e28 m535i, bmw e34, e28 bmw, series, sale, bmw e, e bmw, bmw, e series, series e, i for sale, craigslist, alpina, bmw series, bmw e series, e bmw series, series e bmw, for sale craigslist, bmw series e, bmw e i for sale, bmw e mi, bmw e alpina, bmw i for sale, bmws, bmw e for sale craigslist, 5 series, bmw e28, e28 bmw, bmw 5, e28 5, e28 5 series, series e28, 535i,
|5 Series E28 1987 BMW 520i Lux. Draco2008 Flickr. Jan 6, 2015 Caccavo family has a thing second generation BMW 5 Series. In fact, you could almost call it an obsession, as each member of the. .. BMW 5 Series E28 1982 88 strut brace, EPROM tuning, interior items. Sway bar bushing, rear, BMW 3 E30 6 E24 5 series 82 88 E28 16mm ID Code: 021 10 20 002 Your Price: $12.50. .. BMW 5 Series E28 Classic Car Review Honest John. Jan 6, 2015 twenty years ago, Dean and DonnaRae Caccavo made pact: they agreed that theyd never spend more than $10000 on a single. .. BMW 5 Series E28 1982 88: Racing Dynamics. Browse our Wide Selection of Genuine, Aftermarket and Performance Parts for your BMW 5 Series E28 1982 1988. .. BMW 5 Series E28: ALPINA Automobiles. E28 is the second generation of BMW 5 Series mid size sedans, and was produced from 1981 to 1988.. .. 5 Series E28 1987 BMW 520i Lux. Draco2008 Flickr. You want to buy a car? 28 offers BMW 5 Series for sale and other cars on Classic Trader.. .. Category:BMW E28 media Commons. Feb 18, 2016 Seeing daylight 1981, BMW 5 Series E28 came replaced the previous E12 version in Europe at first and North America a year later.. .. BMW 5 Series E28 1982 1988 Parts & Accessories Turner. Dec 30, 2016 Evolution instead revolution. 5 Series of 2nd differed optically only at second glance to the first generation. But more. .. BMW 5 Series E28 specs & photos 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985. Service Log In Approvals FAQs Contact Dealer Locator. Home Product World Model History BMW 5 Series E28. .. BMW E28 5 Series Are the Ideal Family Cars YouTube. 1988528ea1. 894 × 358 103 KB. 1989 520i.160 ×.340 3.33. 198? BMW 5 Series E28 34901884540.jpg 6. × 4.000 7.2 MB..||Heres Why the E28 BMW 535i Is Now Worth $50.000 Autotrader. 520i Lux. This photo is in 2 albums. E28 5 Series 7 Autos 144 items. Tags b bmw 1980s 1987 car automotive vehicle german. .. BMW 5 Series History. The 2nd Generation E28 YouTube. Heres Why E28 535i Now Worth $50.000 Review. The 2020 3 Used BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Is a Bargain.. .. This family has a trio of beautiful BMW E28 5 Series Autoblog. Catalogue specifications of BMW 5 Series E28, all models, production years and versions in automobile catalog.. .. We only drive BMW E28 5 Series. Models 6. 5 Series BaT Video Inspiration: Driven Why We Love Them: Frankenfiver: E28 M5 Swapped 1987 BMW 528e. .. BMW 5 Series E28 data and specifications catalogue. Feb 6, 2016 Introduction. 5 Series of 1981 looked so similar to car that came before many people thought it was a facelift. But underneath the. .. really miss my old E28 5 Series, and I blame you Tom Cruise. Nice car! The Los Angeles Times posted this photo on their website today. www. classified automotive highway1 la hy vint.. .. e28 For Sale BaT Auctions. The Manual: 1982 1988 is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications for BMW 5 Series E28 cars. .. BMW 5 Series Cars for Sale Classic Trader. Jan 8, 2015 folks over at Petrolicious put together a video of Caccavos and their passion for the BMW E28 5 Series.. .. BMW 5 Series E28 Service Manual By Bentley Publishers. Aug 8, 2018 really miss my old, and I blame you Tom Cruise. 5 Series August 8th, BMW E28 Mission Impossible14 830x553. The new.|
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →